Layaway

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
Layaway

Post by daleadmin » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:30 am

Blake has come up with a "layaway" feature for DHPOS. You can check it out here http://keyhut.com/3rdparty.htm

Dale

mjzyaad
Occasional Poster

Re: Layaway

Post by mjzyaad » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:18 am

Nice to be extending DHPOS with a new feature. however, the author himself said that it contains many bugs and recommends to take plenty of backups.

I think it will be better to first rectify the bugs (at least the known ones) before releasing to the community?

What are your views?

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Post by brucef2112 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 pm

I think it will be better to first rectify the bugs (at least the known ones) before releasing to the community?
Nawww. He's using a proven development technique that almost guarantees success.
Look at Microsoft products over the last 20 years...
In fact, a few more features and Bill may make him an offer. You'll then see this same app repackaged with a weighty price. The only difference in the app will be the Windows Error Reporting prompt to click OK to send the report to Microsoft to help improve your Windohhhz experience.
yeahhh.... just click OK. ;-)
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

broyer

Post by broyer » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:03 pm

I am not aware of any bugs myself. I simply say it may have many, and a wise user would make frequent backups. It certainly has limitations, but I released it as a courtesy to the community. It was not developed for use anywhere but in my stores. If you don't want to use it, feel free not to :-)