Prevent DOSBox freeze-up

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
Prevent DOSBox freeze-up

Post by daleadmin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Elijah Watson emailed this to me....

I've found a little tip that prevents those little freezes that happen in DOSBox with the Cash Register software.

Under the [cpu] section of the configuration file, change "cycles=auto" to "cycles=max". For me, this seemed to prevent all freezes - all all intents and purposes it performs just as well as it would running natively. Figured the other users of this software may find this tip useful.

small
Forum Regular

Re: Prevent DOSBox freeze-up

Post by small » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:17 pm

cool, at least the freeze up is fixed. Still waiting on Dale to fix the notes feature for dosbox, it uses F12 which is a pre-defined key in dosbox for a dosbox feature. I have been waiting for over 6 months for him to fix it, he has yet to do it.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Prevent DOSBox freeze-up

Post by daleadmin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:02 pm

I talked with small about the DOSBox / F12 thing on the forum last night. The problem is to come up with another set of keys other than the [CTRL] = [F?} set to use the "notes" function. We could not come up with one.

However the problem will become moot once the QB64 version comes out because that will not require DOSBox to run under 64 bit versions of Windows.

Dale