Bug: Adding a note includes a price value to it.

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

brucef2112
Forum Regular
Bug: Adding a note includes a price value to it.

Post by brucef2112 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Hey Dale, I came across this by....errr.... acting like a confused employee.
If a certain series of events occur, a note added to the sale will include a dollar value in the "PRICE" column for the note.
It seems benign where I found it. But if other processes call the same SUB somewhere else it may cause erroneous data errors during their calls.

I've tested from 71g to 71j and it is consistent and repeatable.
I am using a stock table. (haven't tested outside of this)

Here's how to reproduce.

1. Add an item to a sale.
2. Hit F9 Reduction and choose 1. Reduce Line 1 Only (either an amount or Percent will produce the similar results later). Enter in a value. Take note of the reduction amount in the PRICE column.
3. Add another item to the sale.
4. Repeat step 2 above to give the added item a reduction.
5. Hit the F5 Void and remove the reduction created in step 4.
6. Add a short Note to the sale.

You will now see on the Note line, the PRICE column contains the dollar (reduction) value from the FIRST reduction from line TWO.
if you continue to repeat steps 4, 5, 6, (to add items, reduce, remove reduction, add note), and repeat: the notes will continue to have the PRICE dollar amount from the first reduction in the transaction regardless of other reduction amounts that were added/removed after it.

This will not happen if you only add a single item. ie. only doing steps 1, 2, 5, 6 will show the note with a zero in the PRICE column as it should.

This seems benign, as it doesn't affect the totals of the sale but it may affect something that isn't seen somewhere else so I thought you may want to check it out.

Happy hunting...
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759