opening cash in reg = closing cash in reg

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

jake69
Forum Regular
opening cash in reg = closing cash in reg

Post by jake69 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:29 am

Dear Dale,

When opening our POS the cash in reg amount shown is the cash in reg amount started with the previous day. Would it make sence to show there instead the closing cash in reg of the previous day? That would in our case usually be the money in the register.

Best regards,

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Re: opening cash in reg = closing cash in reg

Post by brucef2112 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:43 am

Starting DHPOS prompts the user to "Enter opening cash fund". That would be a wonderful time to (over write the default amount from previous day and) enter the dollar amount found in the til that morning and hit [Enter]. The opening receipt will then reflect the amount you entered.

Certainly the system cannot know the 'real' cash count in the drawer at any given time. However, if I understand correctly, you are suggesting that there be some method to enter the closing cash fund from the previous day. This is your scenario; ie your End of day cash count differs every day and you want that amount to start the next day. Dale would need to include a lot of code to fit everyone else's unique closing scenario. The end result is you propose a 'Enter closing cash fund' to the end of the day instead of the now, "Enter opening cash fund" at the beginning of day.

As a mater of process, I would think that the majority of stores always start their cashiers out with the same opening amount in their drawer each day. For this scenario, DHPOS's current method works best. The Cashier just hits [Enter] to confirm the default amount in the morning and they're done.

In my opinion, not much is gained to enhance the user experience but there is now additional code in the program that already has 'no more code room'. Just to throw something in the mix. I think there should be a line added to the closing receipt to reflect the "Close cash count".
ie, i want to enter the actual closing cash amount at the end of the day so it can be compared to the systems Cash in reg;, and the also keep the current prompt at the beginning of the day. :roll: Really!! But I'm still waiting for Dale to put a picture of a pony on the main splash screen too!
At best this will have to wait until the 64bit version is rolled out.
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759