Aprint dosn't like my printer

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Nick
Forum Regular

Post by Nick » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi all, I'm attempting to set up a "POS-5870" usb printer to work with aprint in windows 2000 pro. I'm running into issues with aprint not letting me chose the printer. When I click the select printer button it pops up the "print" dialog box but when I click "ok" it just goes back to aprint, no font selection, and aprint tells me I didn't select a printer again. Anyone else run into this? Is there a fix? Jon? Someone?

Thanks,
-Nick

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Aprint dosn't like my printer

Post by daleadmin » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Nick,

When the window comes up to show you the printers is the POS-5870 printer listed there? Do you select it before pressing "OK"? Did you install the driver for your printer?

If you load a word processing program and attempt to print to your POS-5870 does your word processing program print to it?

Dale

Nick
Forum Regular

Post by Nick » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Thanks for the reply Dale, I did have the printer selected, and driver installed but it wouldn't go to the next screen where you set the font and size. I was able to talk the guy I'm helping with this into going to computers running XP and that fixed the problem but they still are cheap 30ish chr printers so I have to print as image instead of soft font but it works.

victory
Occasional Poster

Post by victory » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:27 am

Hello Nick

I am testing the same printer, the "POS-5870" usb printer using Windows XP. It prints but truncate the right size of the receipt using image mode and wraps in soft font mode. Whish font type and size did you use?

Thanks.

Victor

Nick
Forum Regular

Post by Nick » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi Victor,
I have it set to image mode. The font is set to Currier New size 6 regular in aprint. It clips about half the last character in the extended price lines but works for me. I also have it set to pop the drawer before printing in the driver. Another little annoyance I found with these printers is they don't like to pop the drawer with what they can put out so I had to make a little circuit in an electrical box with a couple phone jacks, an automotive relay and a 24 volt dc wall transformer. But I'm content with how they work now.

victory
Occasional Poster

Post by victory » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:35 am

Thanks Nick

Victor