Random Characters When Reviewing Transactions

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular
Random Characters When Reviewing Transactions

Post by ChrisKraus » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:26 pm

I do not get the symbols when printing via Aprint, though.
- Chris
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Re: Random Characters When Reviewing Transactions

Post by brucef2112 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Over about 6yrs of using various versions of dhpos i too have seen this happen. Doesn't matter if its an upgraded and fresh install. I never found a way to re-create anything repeatable that would help dale track it down. The only thing consistent is that it does not happen in 'sales' type transactions (sales, voids, returns). Its always the 'no sales', 'put/pull cash' kind of activities.

It 'looks' like corrupted data but it may just be a minor glitch that passes through without affecting data integrity. Other than seeing the strange characters when viewed from the Void screen, I haven't notice any problem with records. To me it seems benign. And if I look at my shoe I can't see the characters at all!
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Re: Random Characters When Reviewing Transactions

Post by ChrisKraus » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:03 pm

I thought I saw something like this before - always the short No Sale transactions.
The only thing I have seen in sale-type transactions is misaligned titles and customer information.
Anyway, I didn't think it would hurt to throw a couple of screenshots at the issue.
-Chris
- Chris
Christopher Kraus