VFD450E Pole Displays

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Hamleysman
Occasional Poster
VFD450E Pole Displays

Post by Hamleysman » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Im trying to get VFD450E Pole Displays to work with dhpos I have downloaded the new version of dhpos and setup in posconfig to use POLE.EXE but it don't seem to generate a display from POS, I have followed instructions to start POLE.EXE first but still no joy, But when I have used an older version of POLE.EXE from version 7.03 the poles work but when you start ringing sales into pos the pole displayed it but not in the right place half of the description is half on on line and half on the next line then you ring the next item it displays it about 5 spaces alone from were the first on displayed and so the text never stay in the same place.

Is there anyone out there who can help me,

regards, David.

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Re: VFD450E Pole Displays

Post by brucef2112 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Dave,
Have you tried testing if it displays text properly from the DOS prompt?
Need to make sure this works before going forward.

Open a DOS prompt (cmd window).
Assuming your display is attached to COM1 (if your display is attached to a different COM port, change accordingly) type the following commands.

Code: Select all

mode com1 9600,n,8,1
echo Text20CharactersLong>com1
You should see the typed text appear on the display filling the first line.
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Hamleysman
Occasional Poster

Post by Hamleysman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:56 am

Hi, I have done that and it displayed correctly on the first line, I have the command set on the pole as CD5220 and international font set at U.K. But still have the same problem with the POLE.EXE program, you ring in items and it displays on the pole at one point and then you ring another item in on the same transaction and the wording has jumped about 4 to 5 space alone the pole so half of it is on one line and half is on another.

MIGHT START LIKE THIS or ONE OF THE OTHERS BELOW AND CARRY ON MOVING EVERY TIME A NEW ITEM IS ADDED TO THE SAME SALE.
+-------------------------+
|MERCHANDISE £1.00 |
| £1.00 |

NEXT:
| £1.00 MERCHAND|
|ISE £1.00 |

NEXT
| £1.00 MERCH|
|ANDISE £1.00 |

and so on.

regards, David.

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Post by brucef2112 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Just for further testing, instead of the "UK" character set have you tried the "US set"? How about "Multingual International font sets"? In desperation, try any others?
Any Difference in output among them?
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Hamleysman
Occasional Poster

Post by Hamleysman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:13 pm

I have tryed to change the character set to "USA" and also tryed "Multingual International" and they all give the same result I also changed the command set aswell to "ICD2002" and that worked quite well but it only gives one line and does not display price only descripton and that stays it the same place but it does not display anything else apart from IE "MERCHNDISE" in the top left hand corner in line 1, i've tryed these command set, EPSON_ESC/POS, UTC/S, UTC/E, AEDEX, CD5220, DSP800" all these give the same result, Im using version 7.03 of dhpos because the latest version of the POLE.EXE that comes with DHPOS does not work full stop, my COM's port is set at COM1, 9600, N, 8,1.

regards, david.

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Post by brucef2112 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Well, I'm outa ideers... :|
Anybody Else?!?!
Later,
Bruce