problem with ringing sales

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

kerrilynn
problem with ringing sales

Post by kerrilynn » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:56 pm

Please help. I put in bunch of inventory today and then tried to show my business partner how to ring up a sale. I used the bar code scanner to scan the UPC's and no matter what I scanned, it only displays one item and enters the quantity of 643 or 814. This morning, I only had one item in the stock table and everything worked fine, the quantity always came up as 1. Even if I scan something that is not in the stock table, it pulls up the same item, instead of telling me the item isn't in the stock table. I am running Win 98 and using a Symbol 4000 series keyboard wedge scanner. If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate them.

Kerri

suamme1
Occasional Poster

Post by suamme1 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:01 pm

Make sure it's a scanner that doesn't output un-decoded. That sounds like your problem and a quick web search confirmed this (although I am probably wrong).

When you see the input (what gets typed in) and the stock number, it should be the same as the human-readable characters under the bottom of the vertical bars of the UPC.

kerrilynn

Post by kerrilynn » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:28 pm

It puts in a product that I have in the stock table and it is the correct numbers and everything. It just doesn't matter which product I scan, it only puts in this product. When I only had one product in there, everything came up correctly, including the quantity. I will check into the coding thing when I am back in front of everything tomorrow, though.

Kerri

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Scanner,

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:32 pm

Kerrilynn,

Does your problem happen if you type in the stock number?
Last edited by Dale Harris on Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dale

Kerrilynn

Post by Kerrilynn » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:32 pm

No, it does not. If I type in the barcode or pick it directly from the stock table, I get the correct information.

Kerri

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:06 pm

make sure the the num lock is on and then try and scan a barcode. If your Num lock is on when you boot up your computer turn it off and then try and scan a barcode.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support