APRINT6 delay

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Fifo
Forum Regular
APRINT6 delay

Post by Fifo » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:24 am

Hi there everyone

I am having some trouble with Aprint6 – there’s a 5+ second delay between selecting the ‘Print receipt’ option and actually printing the receipt.

small
Forum Regular

Re: APRINT6 delay

Post by small » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:54 am

I don't know if Dale H. checks these forums and if he does I don't know if he answers to many questions on it.

Jonathan wrote APRINT, so you would have to get a hold of him on that, but a 5 second delay is not bad. I go to the dollar store down here where I live and sometimes it takes 2 or more minutes for their system to spit out a receipt. But yeah, Jon sometimes is in chat or you can ask Dale to email him your question.

P.S. It might be some kind of setting on your printer that your printing to.

Small

Fifo
Forum Regular

Post by Fifo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:00 am

small wrote:I don't know if Dale H. checks these forums and if he does I don't know if he answers to many questions on it.
I believe he doesn’t.

EDIT: He just read a PM I sent him!
small wrote:Jonathan wrote APRINT, so you would have to get a hold of him on that
Okay…
small wrote:but a 5 second delay is not bad.
It’s a little annoying.
small wrote:I go to the dollar store down here where I live and sometimes it takes 2 or more minutes for their system to spit out a receipt.
Oh really? A 2 minute delay would drive me nuts!
small wrote:But yeah, Jon sometimes is in chat
I don’t think I’d be able to join the chat – timezones are annoying!
small wrote:or you can ask Dale to email him your question.
Great idea – I’ll do it!
small wrote:P.S. It might be some kind of setting on your printer that your printing to.
I don’t think so.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:13 am

Actually the problem is not with the DHPOS program or with APRINT. Is is a Windows problem. On pretty much any printer I use, if Windows prints through a printer driver the printing never starts immediately.

Dale

Fifo
Forum Regular

Post by Fifo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:13 am

Well, I resolved it by uninstalling the driver and using the COM1 port directly. It now starts printing as soon as I press Enter.