Raspberry Pi

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
Raspberry Pi

Post by daleadmin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:44 pm

I just received this email...

Hi there,

Craig said:
"Hi Dale, I got really excited about your software and ended up installing it onto a Raspberry Pi 3B under DOSBOX (run on Raspbian). I did not find any reference to DHPOS running on Pi so took up the challenge. I got 99% of the way there but have to move on. Here with a DROPBOX link to the Image that one can burn onto a micro SD card for a Raspberry Pi 3B. I Use Win32DiskImager to read and write these images. After GUI boot of Pi, go to terminal and type 'dosbox'. This will take one to a DOSbox where you can then fire up POS.EXE etc. This can all be automated by looking in $ .dosbox and editing the autoexec section of the file in there. I installed CUPSYS and a script to detect output from POS.EXE's FILE: which is fed to default USB printer. If one starts the Pi broswer the CUPSYS web interface should be visible to add other printers. I got the serial Pole display working through a USB to RS232 converter. Bar code scanner via keyboard wedge worked out the box but was a bit slow. I never got to try a cash drawer but imagine it will work as long as DHPOS is given the correct escape sequence to add to the FILE: output. I could NOT get the shared folder mechanisms working via Samba or Windows CIFS. I even tried mounting NTFS at linux level and then giving it to DOSBOX as just another drive. Hopefully anyone wanting to run with my Pi effort figures this out. Also noted that stock files of over 1000 items slowed Pi down alot. Anyway - Thanks for your great free software.

This came with a Dropbox link for a POSPI.img file that is 14.84 GB long. Since I do not have Raspberry PI and I do not use Dropbox (I am paranoid about the cloud) I cannot take this any further. But if anyone else finds this helpful, go nuts.

Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Raspberry Pi

Post by daleadmin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:08 pm