New links to old destinations

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

tomq0608
New links to old destinations

Post by tomq0608 » Tue May 19, 2020 5:37 pm

Hi,
Upon browsing the forum for items such as self checkout and touchscreen interface, I have found that most if not all of the links posted are dead. If anyone has copies of these files, could you put a link here? I will update this post with any links shared, and a few backup links on google drive, dropbox etc.

Thanks,
— Tom

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Re: New links to old destinations

Post by brucef2112 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:57 pm

In short, don't despair over the broken links.
I have downloaded and tested them at the time of their individual debut.
All samples offered were just test shells with a few user input screens and lacked the entire back-end of program.
  • The core components (stages) for most software development:
    Wishing
    Planning
    Requirements
    Design
    Build
    Document
    Test
    Deploy
    Maintenance.
The start of the Self Checkout forum archived the need for the software to go back to the Wishing stage (and lot more of it).
This should capture all references to it.

'Self-checkout' software is EXTREMELY complex. And in realty not a good fit for a small business.
Go spend an hour watching at a Walmart self-check. Watch how many checkouts need an employee to fix or adjust cause of luser error, or pricing errors.

Sans the 'Self-checkout' the only software in this forum that has gone through all stages of development is the DHPOS Register program.
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759