UK Software Help

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

darren
UK Software Help

Post by darren » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:43 pm

Hi wonder if anyone can help, at present i am using Dales wonderfull software with out any problems. However we are opening a new store and moving our present to a bigger place, which means more stock. I have asked in the past about the max 5000 items and we have just got by, from what i can tell form the forum more than 5000 is not on the priority list which is a shame but not all wishes come true :? . So my question is does anyone have any other EPos suggestions, i can hear you all saying buy a expensive EPos. Well sorry to say we may be getting bigger but only to survive so cost is still an issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Darren

Bobby
Forum Regular

Other POS

Post by Bobby » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:04 pm

Hello,

I am sorry to say, but I have not seen any POS systems besides this one that do not cost an grip of money. Only one other offers it for "Free" and that is Retail ICE. You still have to pay $30 for them to mail it to you and it is a single register system. It is 60MB, runs on a pentium class, 200mhz+, 1GB free space 64MB ram. I tried this system and found it to be too bulky and slow. If you really cannot find a way to use 5000 inventory items and condense them (meaning liked priced items under the same sku) then I would suggest spending the money on a bigger program. The prices run from $550 and up. If you have any questions, email me.

Bobby