Spanish version Problem

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

chilewillie
Forum Regular
Spanish version Problem

Post by chilewillie » Mon May 03, 2004 11:09 pm

Hi ,

I recently downloaded you program after searching the internet for a low cost POS that is Spanish/English bi lingual. I got your porg up and running in no time and am very impressed. I t would appear to be everything that I am looking for. After setting up the system using the English pos.exe file, I then accessed the data via the spos.exe file (spanish version). I worked great except for one major problem...when I attempt to access the stock table via the F1 key, the stock table opens with the columns out of order. any suggestions?

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Post by Dale Harris » Mon May 03, 2004 11:38 pm

chilewillie,

I am assuming that you originally started by downloading the english version of the program and then tried to overwrite that with the spanish version.

Unfortunatly the spanish version is an abandoned project from long ago and is many, many versions older than the current english version. Files created with the english version are in a different format than the spanish version and are not compatable. To use the spanish version you will have to erase the data files created with the english version and start all over or just use the spanish version to create a new register file.
Dale

Post by Guest » Tue May 04, 2004 12:04 am

Dale,
Thank you for the quick reply. I appreciate that it must be quite a lot of work to try and keep two different versions of the software updated and compatible. I won't be so crude as to suggest that you continue to update the Spanish version - I can only expect so much from someone who offers their hard work for free!! Given that you have abandoned the Spanish version, Is there a way that I could get a copy of the older English version of the software that is compatible with the Spanish version that is still posted on your website? My desire is to have the software data be accessible in both languages. Thanks again.

Post by Guest » Tue May 04, 2004 10:47 am

Hi Dale:

In response to your suggestion that I erase the data created with the english version and recreate the register files using the spanish version - I tried this but expos.exe cannot call up the current version of fileinfo.exe. Do you have a link you can give me to download the earlier version files that I would need to get spos.exe working? Or perhaps someone else who reads this and has an older version sitting on their computer could email me the files. The download link for the spanish version on your website is for v3.32.... I don't know which version of fileinfo.exe I would need, but hopefully v 5.0+ will still work ( the networked version of the software would be very helpful), but I will be happy with any working version (and will happily test them all until I find the latest working version if need be.) Thanks for a great piece of software and I hope that I can get the abandoned spanish version to work as I am in South America and my employees prefer Spanish language programs.