DHPOS Payroll Alpha - are you testing/would you like to?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Andrew
Site Administrator
DHPOS Payroll Alpha - are you testing/would you like to?

Post by Andrew » Sat May 08, 2004 6:09 am

I just checked the stats on the Payroll Alpha test copy link and at this time, they were...

Clicks: 12
Clicks from unique browsers: 9
Clicks from unique IP addresses: 9

My stats, which are number of replies = 0 :(

I am eagerly awaiting responses on this early version which is to test employee functionality and compatibility with systems other than my own.

If you would like to test the version - see the DHPOS Payroll Updates thread here http://www.home-nets.biz/discuss/phpBB2 ... =1291#1291 and post replies in the same thread.

To those who downloaded it - please post something, even a simple "it worked" would be great. :)

Thanks to all testers!
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

jpsevillano

Post by jpsevillano » Sat May 08, 2004 7:51 pm

I was wondering, how much longer the Payroll for Windows will be ready.
I am interested to test it.

thanks.

Bobby
Forum Regular

hmmm...

Post by Bobby » Sat May 08, 2004 9:03 pm

Hello,

I have not had alot of time to test this, but I was looking at it and what I see right off, is that I cannot get it to save when I make changes to the employees and hit the save button. Nor can I get it to get my employees from dhpos. I will continue to check it out, but that is all I have seen, so far.

Bobby

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sun May 09, 2004 1:54 am

Note: please read instructions closely - important info included in the ALPHA test would have solved some of these questions.

Failure to follow some of these instructions could have corrupted existing employee data.

jpsevillano,
There is an early test version available now, see the link in my first post. I am not setting any dates on the final release, as I am starting a new 8 hour shift based job and will be busy with that. Progress will be reported...as progress is made, via the updates thread, (link in the first post of this thread).

Bobby,
In the README.TXT file, it says payrates/deductions/misc info is not currently saved, as I am still working on this. Due to the large number of dropdown boxes, it takes some time to work out a common code/system for reading the values and saving as something able to be read by the program later.

As for DHPOS integration - don't look for this yet, b'cos it ain't there - yet.

This version of Payroll will be written so that people who don't use DHPOS (yes, there are some people :o ) can use Payroll without having DHPOS installed.

Bobby
Forum Regular

What to test, then?

Post by Bobby » Sun May 09, 2004 6:51 pm

Hello,

Without the program having any function, what is it you would like us to test?

I am running Windows 2000 Pro and the gui looks fine. I do not get any errors. pay processing, reports, and windows tabs do nothing (you probably already know). For actually usefullness, it does not do anything, right?

I hope that this is the info you wanted.

Bobby

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Mon May 10, 2004 2:21 am

Bobby,

OK, to you...maybe the program has no function at present, but this has been my spare time project for the past 2 months. Beneath the interface is a tonne of code which I have had to write manually, this is a complete re-write of the program.

Here are my main points for the early alpha release:

a) People constantly asked for progress, test version and release dates

b) Please realise the massive size of this upgrade, it isn't just slapping together a windows version, massive changes have been made to employee data etc, instead of waiting to the end to get bugs from all areas of the program - I thought it beneficial to get bugs-in-progress.

c) To let you guys look at the program running (the parts that are completed anyway).

d) to know it works on a range of computers / operating systems

I am more than aware that it's far from finished, but there is a lot written there that you can't see just yet because it was disabled for the test.

I thank those who took the time to download and test it for me. :)

Another test version with further functionality coming soon...