Printing

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

taylorchapman
Printing

Post by taylorchapman » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:28 pm

I use a Epson Stylus C82 printer. It has dual USB and parallel interfaces. When hooked up parallel, and POS is set to LPT1:, It starts to act as if it was printing (blinking status light, noise); but does not end up printing. So I changed the interface from parallel to USB, and have used Aprint. My only problem with Aprint is that when I print, it turns out in Times New Roman font (instead of Courier or whatever), and everything is not in line. What could my problem be? I think the parallel problem is the Epson Stylus issue describe on Dale's USB printer page.

Jonathan Simpson
Site Administrator

Printer does not support the font

Post by Jonathan Simpson » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:55 am

The font that aprint tries to use does not work with that printer. Most likely its name is changed somehow, so the font name is not recognized when aprint trys to open it.

See if http://return.no-ip.org/aprint.zip works better. Plese be aware that this program is rough around the edges, and must be run from the commandline. It will print instructions on the command line.

Let me know if it works.

Jonathan Simpson

taylorchapman

Printing

Post by taylorchapman » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:32 pm

The program works great. I created a .bat file to do the typing work in it for me. Only thing is - Is there a program that will monitor C:/pos/ for the WSDFKJN.DRY file, and then run the .bat file when it finds it?

Jonathan Simpson
Site Administrator

Well yes

Post by Jonathan Simpson » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:06 pm

That program will... at least within the next few days. That is basically where aprint is going. Hopefully in the future aprint will be much more tightly integrated with POS.

Stay tuned for updates.

Jonathan Simpson