Odyssey (Library System) / Andrew

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:17 pm

Function Question:

If, while in circulation mode, you enter/scan a borrower who has an item(s) overdue, will the system notify you before checking anything out? Also, if nothing is out, but there is a fine, will it let you know?
And last, is there a way to set a maximum fine up to which the borrower will still be allowed to check items out?

Thanks~

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:42 pm

The first part is standard in most systems, yes if/when I complete the program it would do this.

The second part is not probably going to make it in. To override overdue/fines, the user would have to have a certain access level, if they weren't at level __ they would need a supervisor or someone with a higher level to authorise the override.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

bdude
Forum Regular

Post by bdude » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:23 pm

In a system i have used, when the borrower get's scanned, the system will beep and show the books overdue. Then it will require a password (e.g OK) to continue:

Code: Select all

[b]example[/b]
 /////////////////////CIRCULATION//////////////////
Borrower: B033224
Jon Smith

==============OVERDUE  LOANS ===================
Title                                                                            Due Date
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simpsons Comic Royale                                        1 / 11 / 2004
=============================================
ENTER PASSWORD OR <ESC> : [_____]

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:12 am

Bdude, that example resembles the Bookmark program. It is pretty much what I indicated in my previous post, and it is what I hope to do.

peachey13
Forum Regular

Post by peachey13 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:48 pm

OASIS is a very good program i even used it my self at school for a few years than our school upgraded to a windows version known as ALICE.

Scott (not logged in)

LIBMAN

Post by Scott (not logged in) » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:48 am

I Use FILMS 2004 it is easy to use

anabus_maximus
Forum Regular

Post by anabus_maximus » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:28 pm

So is this access level system similar to Spectrum's password level system, except with user names and passwords?
Somewhere behind the athlete you've become, the hours of practice and the coaches who've pushed you, is the little boy who fell in love with the water and never looked back. Swim for him and no one else...

ZeeMan
Forum Regular

Post by ZeeMan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:58 pm

I'm just curious. What language is Odyssey written in? Visual Basic or some other language.
I like to know these things.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:25 pm

I'm sure it has been posted before - Visual Basic. Odyssey is currently on a very distant backburner as I am swamped with a mega work project.

ZeeMan
Forum Regular

Post by ZeeMan » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:42 pm

Thanks Alan. I thought as much.

ZeeMan
Forum Regular

Re: LIBMAN

Post by ZeeMan » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:51 pm

Scott (not logged in) wrote:I Use FILMS 2004 it is easy to use
Does anyone know where to get this or if it costs any money?

ZeeMan
Forum Regular

Post by ZeeMan » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:42 am

Hey andrew,
I was browsing and I think I found your website... Well, unless you have a friend named andrew who likes to program with QuickBasic and Visual Basic who's last name is Bunn and gets code from Dale Harris and you.
Though the above part is highly unlikly... It is possible (like a snowballs chance in Hawaii (which, in light of recent events, is possible (so rather a snowballs chance inside the oven at 350 degrees))).
Basicly, I would like to know what your sites address is because I foolishly forgot to add your site to favorites when I arrived and then my computer crashed taking your sites address with it.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:20 am

ZeeMan
Forum Regular

Post by ZeeMan » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:49 pm

Hey Andrew,
I sent you a PM fairly recently.
When you read it please PM me your reply. :D

anabus_maximus
Forum Regular

Post by anabus_maximus » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:01 pm

Might've missed this post
anabus_maximus wrote:So is this access level system similar to Spectrum's password level system, except with user names and passwords?
Somewhere behind the athlete you've become, the hours of practice and the coaches who've pushed you, is the little boy who fell in love with the water and never looked back. Swim for him and no one else...