Odyssey (Library System) / Andrew

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:06 am

I've never used Spectrum so I'm not sure sorry.

Andrew.

ZeeMan
Forum Regular

OPAC Mode - Main Menu Exit Button

Post by ZeeMan » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:11 am

Andrew,
I was just looking through your screenshots for Odyssey and noticed that on the "OPAC Mode - Main Menu" screen there is a little exit button in the lower left corner. Now, I don't know if anyone already asked this and if they did I apologize but, I was thinking you could have a feature (unless you've already added it) that would make it so when someone clicks that button a box that looks something like this pops up:

I don't know if you have already employed this but it would be a nice feature.
-Cheers!

peachey13
Forum Regular

Post by peachey13 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:45 pm

ive tried accessing your site agin (http://n.1asphost.com/abunn/) and it comes up with a 404 file not found error???

---
peachey111213

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:22 pm

ZeeMan, definitely - it was in my plans, however this project is on hold indefinitely at present due to work programming commitments. :(

Peachey, probably due to the fact that I haven't logged into that free webhost for sometime, the account has been removed.

ZeeMan
Forum Regular

Post by ZeeMan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:39 am

anabus_maximus wrote:As far as reviews go, will you be able to accept/reject them before they are made avalible to the public?

Also, can a patron submit a request for a certain item?
Ok, I was going back through the thread and looking at the posts and noticed that anabus_maximus was asking if you could setup a POS to purchase books. Now, there are a couple things you could do: This would be the optimal way to setup a bookstore. I do not reccomend either of the applications over the other and if I had time I would release an open source program that Andrew could plug into his Odyssey program.

BTW, Andrew -
I think that a good idea would be to put a setting in the options panel for Odyssey that would allow the user to plug into an external POS application and when the program is closed ask if the sale was successful (information on running programs and finding out if they were terminated here) and if it was label the book as purchased or something.

Just a few thoughts. :D

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Sell books

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:23 pm

ZeeMan,

You can use DHPOS to <u>sell</u> books. What to you mean by using DHPOS to <u>purchase</U> books.

The major limitation would be the 13,000 different item limit. A large book store would probably have more than 13,000 different books.

Also the extended UPC code on books and magazines is 18 digits long and the maximum stock number allowed in DHPOS is 14 digits. However the 10 digit ISBN number would work as the stock number and you could use the 18 digit extended UPC as the "vendor stock number." That way you could use either the ISBN number or the extended UPC code to ring up the book.
Dale

anabus_maximus
Forum Regular

Clarifications

Post by anabus_maximus » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:37 pm

No, I meant could you accept or reject a review of a book before posting it up for others to view, and if a patron could submit an online request for the library to purchase a book for loaning purchases
Somewhere behind the athlete you've become, the hours of practice and the coaches who've pushed you, is the little boy who fell in love with the water and never looked back. Swim for him and no one else...

ZeeMan (not logged in)

Post by ZeeMan (not logged in) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:18 pm

Okay, sorry for the mixed up words, I was working on a project and logged on the forums during my break. :P

Gary (Not Logged In)

Post by Gary (Not Logged In) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:40 pm

Is Libman avalibe for Download yet?

If not, is there an expected date?

If so, can i have the link please?

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:38 pm

It's not LIBMAN anymore and...
however this project is on hold indefinitely at present due to work programming commitments.
I'm going to lock this topic now, until a time when Odyssey may be re-born.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)