Aprint problem

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

sgau1406
Aprint problem

Post by sgau1406 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:53 pm

I have a star sp200 serial printer. It will not work with the software because I run it in a dos window in Windows XP. However, setting the POSCONFIG to print to a file will inturn print through APrint and print correctly on the printer. The problem is, opening and closing and reports print fine. But when it asks if I want a receipt at the end of a transaction, and I say yes, it will not print anything. Any ideas?

Steven

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Generic printer

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:42 am

sgau1406,

You should be able to use the Star printer without using APRINT. Use Windows to make the "Generic printer" your default printer. Now use the "Printer setup" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program to change the printer port back to LPT1:

Now if you run the POS.EXE program it should print just fine without starting the APRINT program first.
Dale

Alan
POS Guru

Urm Dale!

Post by Alan » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:07 am

He said he had a serial printer ;)

Alan