Cash Drawer

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Cash Drawer

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:36 pm

Has anyone successfully mapped the LPT1 port to a COM port and used a Serial Printer? The reason for doing this is that I have a Serial Citizen POS printer and a CBM Cash drawer (connected to the printer via RJ11 type cable), and need to fire the drawer and cut the paper. I have used APRINT.EXE with both the Citizen driver (no place to enter kick codes) which cuts the paper fine but does not fire the drawer, and I have used the generic windows drivers which (with the appropriate codes) will fire the drawer and cut the paper, however it prints a large amount of excess paper on every transaction.

It was suggested to me to re-direct the LPT1 port by running the following Batch file and point the POS to print to LPT1:

mode com1 baud=9600 data=8 parity=n stop=1
mode lpt1=com1

This re-directs the printing, but only prints gibberish (when I print a test receipt) and still does not fire the drawer or the cutter (i have entered the correct codes as well).

Does anyone know if this is even possible?