How to make currency format 0000.000

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

umar
How to make currency format 0000.000

Post by umar » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:53 am

Hi,

I would like to know if i can make the default currency format like 0000.000 so that it display three digits after decimal point, becuase in my region currency is in like 1 unit = 1000 subunits, and some items are priced like 10.455, how do i make that default format

Thanks for suport

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

3 decimals

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:37 am

Currently you can't. But I have a question. The program is limited to 6 significant figures in prices. This means that while I may be able to come up with a version that allows prices up to 999.999 I cannot make a version that would allow prices up to 9999.999. So would 999.999 be enough or would it be a waste of time?

Also, what country are you in?
Dale

umar

3 decimal digits

Post by umar » Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:49 am

Hi Harris,

I am from Oman, and currency here is Omani Rial and one rial = 1000 baizasa, and i want to use this software for pharamcy sales. While 999.999 will be ok for daily sales becuase nothing is more than that. But i think it will cause problem when we want to generate monthly report becuase its always more than 999.999.

But i have sought out a solution for this, that is if i round the last digit to nearest zero then it will work, that dont cause much difference

for example if price for one item is 10.455, we can make it 10.40 or 10.50

Thank you for your support.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:48 pm

Umar,

Actually the 999.999 limit would only apply to the price of each item. The other limits would be divided by 10. For example the maximum price per sale would be reduced from 9,999,999.99 to 999,999.999 if 3 decimals were allowed. Would this be acceptable in Oman?

If this works for Oman then I will add this feature to my "think about it" pile and it will be added to the program eventually.
Dale

umar

Its acceptable

Post by umar » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:11 pm

Hi Dale,

:) Yes it would be acceptable here, please consider this for your next update.

Thanks again

umar

feature request

Post by umar » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:43 pm

Hi Dale,

As i want to use this software for retail pharmacy, one important thing concerning medicines is expiry date; would it be possible to add that column to stock table. and can we get list of medicines that are going to expire on a certain date or in certain month.

Thanks again for such a wonderful software.

Regards,

Umar

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Expiration date

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:20 pm

Umar,

Sorry, that is not a feature that will be added. Making changes in the stock table affects all parts of the program and is therefore very difficult. Unfortunatly too few users would need this feature to warrent the effort and scarce code space required to add this feature.
Dale