Register screen not come back fully after ringing.

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

firenet
Occasional Poster
Register screen not come back fully after ringing.

Post by firenet » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:14 am

Please help!after entering amount tendered my screen does not come back! All it says is amount tendered. I hit any key then it goes to the next purchase. Thanks in advance! Chris

Grahamw
Forum Regular

redownload?

Post by Grahamw » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:26 am

you Could Try redownloading ths sw and reistalling

g

firenet
Occasional Poster

Post by firenet » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:32 am

How do re-install without ruining anything?

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 am

firenet - could you please describe your error in a bit more step by step detail please.

To re-install you just download the new version and allow it to overwrite the files. It will not over-write your data as there are no data files in the POS zip file. But you should be making backups anyway.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Where is is going?

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:16 am

Chris,

So what does come up and what do you want to come up? Using the "Goto after sale" feature in the POSCONFG.EXE program you can set the Cash Register program so that after a sale the screen will go either to the main POS menu or straight to the next sale. Do you have it set to the destination that you want? BTW, if you have it set to the next sale you can return to the main menu by voiding out the sale.

Dale
Dale

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:24 pm

I also re-install and still have same problem.

The desription of problem step by step:

I enter the stock item , I press the + for total, print receipt to complete Sale, I hit tab key to bypass customer info, pay by cash or credit, enter amount tender, Prints out, but the register screen dissappears and I don't know how much cash to give back to customer, unless I view the print out receipt. Once I hit the "enter" key I can start the next purchase. I am also viewing my register in full screen mode. Any suggestions how to get the screen back?

firenet
Occasional Poster

Post by firenet » Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:07 pm

I also re-install and still have same problem.

The desription of problem step by step:

I enter the stock item , I press the + for total, print receipt to complete Sale, I hit tab key to bypass customer info, pay by cash or credit, enter amount tender, Prints out, but the register screen dissappears and I don't know how much cash to give back to customer, unless I view the print out receipt. Once I hit the "enter" key I can start the next purchase. I am also viewing my register in full screen mode. Any suggestions how to get the screen back? Chris

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Send your file to me.

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:18 pm

Firenet,

I tried it here with no problems. Send to me your ??????.POS file as an attachment to an email. (Replace ??????? with whatever you named your register. For example if you named your register MYREG then the file you need to send to me would be MYREG.POS)

I will try it here with your configuration and see what happens.

Dale
Dale

CBL

Post by CBL » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:36 pm

Are you are using SERIAL1.BAT or something similar to open your cash drawer? If so, I believe POS draws the screen (with change amount) before SERIAL1.BAT is run, so it could be something in there...

firenet
Occasional Poster

POS screen not coming back in Full Screen mode using RS232

Post by firenet » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:03 am

Dale and ..., I tried a new installation of POS on a different PC and using the Full Screen mode and I still have the same problem. I don't think it is my POS files.

But,like CBL mentioned and I agree with him I am using the serial3.bat (windows)onlyfor the cash drawer and that's when the problem occurs. I cannot see the how much money I have to give back to the customer because it goes by to fast. This problem only happens in Full Screen mode.
Thank you,

Chris

ZNOP

Pole display

Post by ZNOP » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:29 am

where can I get the file "Pole2.exe" for POS ver 5.5?

Thanks.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

POLE.DAT

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:49 am

ZNOP,

POLE2.EXE was one of the names used for a beta test version of POLE.EXE which is the current name for the program.

If I remember correctly versions of the program earlier than 6.0 did not output the file POLE.DAT which is the information that is shown on the pole display. Therefore even if POLE.EXE is being run with version 5.5 it will have no information to read. You can look in the folder that contains your POS files and see if POLE.DAT is there but even if it is it may not be in the current format.

I think that the only way for you to use a pole display may be to upgrade to the current version of the POS program.
Dale