POLE DISPLAY

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Dale Harris
Forum Owner
POLE DISPLAY

Post by Dale Harris » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:35 pm

This thread is for letting people know when the POS program will <U>FINALLY</U> have support for pole displays.
Last edited by Dale Harris on Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dale

Jonathan Simpson
Site Administrator

Post by Jonathan Simpson » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:21 pm

Current status: All known bugs have been addressed (meaning I have tried to fix them, not that they have been fixed :) ), and the current version is being tested by http://www.posworld.com for us. I'm expecting results early next week. I'll post whatever we find out here.
Jonathan Simpson
Check out the Dale Harris chat room @ http://www.home-nets.biz/chat

gabriel
Forum Regular

Post by gabriel » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:00 am

Hi Jonathan,

Would it be possible to run this Pole program in pure DOS mode?
Thank you.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:54 pm

The current version, no. I will consider that as soon as we get what we have now working properly. Lots of progress has been made this week, and the people at POSWORLD have been wonderfully helpful in getting things working.

tris__

Pole Display

Post by tris__ » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:21 pm

If you update pole display, where it says WELCOME TO STORE NAME, can you make so we can change it (and maybe even) animate it? And then in Purchase mode, it says 'Next Customer Please'?

tom

Pole

Post by tom » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:24 pm

Will it also be able to change, as tris suggested 'Next Customer please', or what is now Serving you is.. to something else?

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:36 am

does this mean we have to run it thru wodows for the pole display to work?

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:36 am

does this mean we have to run it thru wodows for the pole display to work?

Windows

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:17 am

Most people use windows, so its no problem. If you posted here, you have windows. I think i have found a bug, though. After you make a sale, it doesnt revert to 'Serving you is...'

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:04 pm

gabriel wrote:Hi Jonathan,

Would it be possible to run this Pole program in pure DOS mode?
Thank you.
:arrow: :roll: :oops: :lol: :( :P :| :?:

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:36 pm

Yes, there will be a DOS version, but I want to make sure everything works first :) It should be ready by the end of the week.

patrick
Forum Regular

Pass-Thru

Post by patrick » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:40 am

Hi!

I own a Logic Controls Pass-Thru display.
I cant get it to work.

When I test the display (in DOS) it works perfect.

Regarding our manual we must send three variabels
before the message, the variables is !#1

An example in DOS..

MODE COM2 96,N,8,1
TYPE CON>COM2
!#1HELLO HELLO

Then the HELLO HELLO is showing on the display..

Best Regards,
Patrick Andersson
8)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Serial Pole Displays only

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:47 am

Patrick,

Currently only pole displays that are attached to the serial port are supported. We are aware of "pass through" displays and will support them eventually.
Dale

posworld

Displays that should work

Post by posworld » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:54 pm

Logic Controls has a number of pole displays which emulate other displays. Their part numbers determine the emulation and other settings. If the emulation or language is other than Logic controls, it likely won't work properly.

You need to understand the part numbers from Logic Controls to get the correct displays. The first 2 letters tell you if it's a pole display(PD) or table-top display (TD) without a pole. The first number is for the model. 3=3000, 6=6000. Letter size is the biggest difference between the two models, where the 6000 has the largest letters (at a higher cost). 3000 is the least costly and should work well for everyone. The second number determines the emulation - which is critical in the display working with POS.
0=Logic Controls
1=Logic Controls w/Pass Through
2,3,4,5 & 9 are all SPECIAL Command sets or emulations which likely WILL NOT work with POS or at least haven't been tested.

The last 2 numbers determine the port type and settings. These should always be 00, which match the default settings in POS for the POLE.

So, based on all the boring information above ---
The models that SHOULD work...

TD3000, PD3000 & PD6000. Technically, the PD3100 & PD6100 (pass through models) should work -- but the pass through port itself will not work at this time. (Meaning, connecting a printer to the pass-through port will not work!)

The PD3000 was used for testing the program. I will be testing the 6.09 release of POS with a pole on 7/27 to verify it works. A prior version worked fine, so I expect it will.

The poles can be purchased here:
http://posworld.com/logiccontrols.html

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

POSWorld

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:26 pm

For those of you that do not know, and actually until now only Jon and I have and any opportunity to know, POSWorld was instrumental in the development of POLE.EXE supplying both technical specifications on the displays and beta testing the program as Jon wrote it. I spent a lot of the time goofing off.

POSWorld has been listed on my hardware links page from the beginning and from the feedback I have received from POS users that have purchased equipment from them they are one of the good guys.

Here is the link to their page http://www.posworld.com/posperipherals/ ... ndles.html
I am sure that they will add a pole display the the listing on this page soon. Well maybe not "soon" soon
Dale