Void problem

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Dale Harris
Forum Owner
Void problem

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:19 pm

I received this email the other day...
============================================
Subject: small prob

Hey Dale,
Sorry to bug you again, I chatted with you a little while ago. My brother and I have a small club and we use your wonderful POS to track our sales. We have about a dozen people in the customer list. You can ring up sales with customers just fine, and the reciepts are ok, but after the sale, when you go to voids, down in the bottem left corner, it ALWAYS says the same name, one of our members. It doesn't matter who you put in, it always says the same name, with the add/phone/and email and everything. I can't figure it out. Is it supposed to be like that maybe? I don't know. You told me to download the 6.08, and that this bug was fixed, but its not, and its not on the fixed bug page either. Any help would be appreciated! thanks in advance.

Mitchell

PS: i am using pos 6.08! PS2: its not a HUGE issue, but its kinda confusing trying to figure out who the customer was!
==========================================

Well gang this was a problem around version 6.0 to 6.03 but I am pretty sure it is fixed now. However the problem was writing the info to the file so even if you use version 6.08 to look at old sales you will still get the same customer name on all sales because the data is wrong. But if you ring new sales and then go to "Void" to look at them then you will get the proper customer with each sale. I tried it twice in the last two days and it worked fine both times.

Michell just sent me another email saying that it is still not working for him even though he is now using version 6.08.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Dale