Remote viewer

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:56 am

My bad Dale. I have a very high screen resolution because I hate screen hoggers (apps that use too much of the screen space). So the images fit perfectly on my screen leaving between half and quarter of the right hand side free :D
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Upgrade to POS Viewer

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:34 pm

Here is a slight upgrade to "POS Viewer"

It requires a new version of POS.EXE which is included in the above download. So you should be using POS version 6.08 or later before you download this file.

I have decided to return to Crocker's name for the program so it will be POS Viewer. However the file name at this time remains REMOTE.EXE

New features...

Lines are time stamped.

Discounts, reductions, coupons are listed in yellow.

Price over-rides are listed in cyan (light blue).

Transaction number is printed near the end of the sale.
Dale

Dylan1

POS Viewer

Post by Dylan1 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:10 am

Wow, its been a while since i posted, been moving.
N e how i think that this is a great idea Dale, You should move forward in this and maybe bundle it with the pos releases when you work out all of the bugs (assuming there are some because of program age)

Later Everyone,
James Dylan Robinson
aka Dil aka JD
my site is up (with a POS ad on the front page)
at http://www.nrg.to/jdr

Chas
Occasional Poster

Price Viewer

Post by Chas » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:14 am

Dale I've Noticed that you have been adding some great features here and there. I was wondering if you would consider another? I don't expect you to do it for nothing, so name a price as I know your time is valueable!! As being a network user of POS I would like to place a small PC out on the sales floor where customer's can scan an item to find out what the price is. Kind of like when you sell an item from the purchase screen where you scan an item and the price is displayed. That's all the program would need to do is just display the price. Is this a possiblity?

Thanks Chas

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Price checker.

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:12 pm

Chas,

Yep, I can do that. How about if I send it to you and you send me what you think it is worth?

Maybe a week to get it done.

Dale
Dale

PosMan
Occasional Poster

Post by PosMan » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:09 pm

Cool Suggestion Chas

Price Checker for DHPOS.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:20 am

A cool idea indeed.

Kmart in New Zealand had/have a similar setup where they have little stations equipped with a pole display and a barcode scanner scattered all over their stores for customers to check prices.

Chas
Occasional Poster

Price Viewer

Post by Chas » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:04 pm

Dale,
Sounds good to me, thanks for taking the time to do this. Just let me know how much time that you spend working on this project.
Thanks Again,
Chas

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Post by ChrisKraus » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:41 pm

I was making a Price-Checker software out of an Microsoft Access Database, But it wasn't going very well. I started, but I had a problem with looking up the Stock Table record. Anyway, Someone Else can use the name I came up with and my logo. I had a good name for it, I called it DH-SaleLink.

Bye For Now,
Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

LOOKUP.EXE

Post by Dale Harris » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:24 pm

Chas,

Ok, here is something new. This program http://keyhut.com/lookup.zip will allow customers to look up prices and quantity in stock on networked computers on the sales floor.

How about some beta testing? Check it out, report back.
Dale

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:39 pm

Dale

Works great! Idea - I know you can check the price of something by going into a new sale etc but...

Would it be possible to display just the box to scan an item and get it's details etc as a popup tool in DHPOS - like the calculator?

Keep up the good work! :)

Chas
Occasional Poster

Price Checker

Post by Chas » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:38 pm

WOW!! Dale thank you so much for taking the time to do this!!! How long did it take you to do this??? You did your part now I will do mine!!! $$$
Better then I could have imagined!! Works great!! I love the part where you can leave a message\directions, or advertisment for the customer. Password feature DOES work as long as it is a word and not number's. The only thing that I did notice is that when you choose black and white mode some of the menu items don't show up ie, 1-5 at the main menu!! Color mode works great!! This nifty new utility is not only handy for customer's but if you have vendor's and stock people they can use it too.

For those of you who are looking into a Networking Solution for DHPOS, I am putting together a couple of pages with links and directions on how to network using various networking software and operating system's. I am also currently working on a DOS Menu System to keep DHPOS and all it's Addon software, (Remote Viewer, Price Checker, Journal Viewer) in one place to keep unauthorized user's out of the command prompt.

Chas

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Thanks,

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:48 pm

Chas,

This is just the kind of BETA report that I need. I will work on the color and password thing and post a new version tomorrow.

This took about 8 hours of work. I stole a lot of the code from existing parts of POS and then just pounded on it to force it to function.
Dale