Database Code

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Database Code

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:32 am

Hi Dale. I think your program is great. I'm currently developing my own POS software for Windows. I thought of an idea for your software. I see that there are some add-ons for your program. POS Payroll, Inventory, Cashroom, etc.

What I'm asking is how would you go about adding/editing/deleting records from your database files within VB6? I see the structure of it, but can't quite get it right, Or if anyone else knows maybe they could help me out. I had a program I built quite a while ago that would create/schedule batches, calculate movement, process reports, maintain customer data, employees, etc. all in one, and was interested to make it as an add-on / would offer it for free to anyone for your program.

Can anyone help out?

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:38 am

You may find the information/code you're after at the KnowledgeBase:

http://dhknowledge.notlong.com
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Code

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:27 pm

I found the code in QBasic... but how about VBasic??

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:25 pm

Sorry, it's only available in QBasic - this is what POS and Payroll are written in.

If you port it to Visual Basic, it would be great if you posted a copy so it can be loaded into the KnowledgeBase.

Welcome to the world of program development.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)