Pole Display

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Pole Display

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:33 pm

Hi,

i was just wondering if you can use a pole display/ customer display in DHPOS 4.28, i remember seeing the menu for ole display in a very old verison of DHPOS, can someone please give me information on this.

Peter
England

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:42 pm

No, it's not currently possible - there is already a thread discussing this topic under "several questions / requests".

Basically versions of windows from 98 onwards make it incredibly difficult for DOS to access the serial port on which most pole displays function.

We are trying to find a work around, and it will probably be up to the user to program their pole display through an option in the POSCONFG program. Basically there are too many variables for POS to know how to send data to every single kind of display - so each user would have to research and enter all the required parameters to make their display work.

On a side note - I never remembered a Pole Display option in POSCONFG, Dale?
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

patrick
Forum Regular

Epson Pole Display US$49.95

Post by patrick » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:26 pm

Hi!

Take a look at this..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... osedWinner

A pole display for US$49.95.. Very Good Price!

I have bought one, paid (around) US$65.00 incl shipping to Sweden.

/Patrick

sfrk001
Forum Regular

Post by sfrk001 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:44 pm

In the pictures of all the registers on dale's main page, it looks like Gylemuir managed to have a poll display set up, but he said before that it was programed in some way.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:03 am

The pole display wasn't programmed by DHPOS - Alan had to write his own software or something to send that static message to the pole display.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)