Security for Voids Function

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Robman
Security for Voids Function

Post by Robman » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:38 am

Two small suggestions
1- Password for the accessing of " sales report" reason for this is that the staff can print an inventory report but not have access to the total sales figures.
2- Unscrupulous staff can void a line when making a sale, after charging the customer before completing the purchase. This has happened to me in my Pub/Restaurant. The stock will then be short at the end of the day and the staff pockets the cash for the voided line. This causes a problem as two bar tenders have access to the till. By having access to the sales figures reports , after cashing up the difference between actual money and what is indicated in the report is pocketed.
Thanks
Robman

joe@sportsmanspub.com

I second this motion

Post by joe@sportsmanspub.com » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:08 am

Can voiding within a sale be password protected?

I also own a bar/restaurant, love Dale Harris POS, but wish I could stop the "unscrupulous" employees from playing ths game (and costing me money).

Could someone shout back on this:

--idea being considered
--considered & rejected
--too specialized
--etc.

Nick
Forum Regular

would this be an easyer solution

Post by Nick » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:09 pm

I dont know enough about how the program is written to say if this would be easyer for dale or not but if it just asked for the employ pin at this point and printed the employ on the jornal makeing it so...
-one if someone did infact do somthing you know who did it
-and two you still have some security in that the pin acts like a password

-Nick

joe@sportsmanspub.com

sorry to be a pest...

Post by joe@sportsmanspub.com » Wed May 12, 2004 12:25 am

any chance the idea of security for "voids" & "reports" will be considered?

this, a touchscreen sim, and the ability to send tickets to remote printers & you could sell this bad boy. at least to me :)

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Wed May 12, 2004 12:49 am

Joe,

Void/Report passwords
Passwords can be set for Reports and Voids from "Passwords and Name" in POSCONFG. However you can't password voids within a sale, which I think would be a useful addition.

Touch-screen
Would require mouse support, there is already a simple touch screen feature in DHPOS - by putting your commonly used items at the start of your stock table, you will be able to press A-T to access those first few instantly while in a sale.

Also, if you press F1 during a sale to view the stocktable, and use page up/down to move through the pages - you can also press the corresponding A-T letter to access the item shown beside the letter.

Remote Printers
If you use APRINT for printing, you can set it to send to a second printer (as long as you have a second printer added via windows).
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan » Wed May 12, 2004 7:45 am

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but...
I am working on a DOS TSR that provides REAL touchscreen capabilities to the program. So far it's just been something I work on when the new POLE program is giving me trouble, but it's come a long way. It works well under DOS, windows 95, windows 98, and windows ME but not so well on 2000 and XP. At the most basic, it provides an onscreen keyboard (by making the POS screen 80x50 instead of 80x25 and placing the keyboard in the lower half of the screen). The end result of this is that you can "type" directly on the screen.

The design of it is such that you can add your own "keys", and hopefully even make certain keys only available as needed as you move through the program. The capacity for invisible keys in the upper half of the screen means that you could have touch sensative portions there as well (perhaps for selections from the main menu).

This program is still in very early testing and design phases, and nothing may come of it, but all of the technical requirements are met (which means that when I go back to work on it now, I am getting things done, instead of figuring out how to :)).

Ok, now to voids... where I work, you must enter a code for voids, but only if they are over a certain amount ($2, I believe). Keep in mind, if you have a password on in-sale voids, I hope your gonna be near by to put it in.