how could I open a cash drawer

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

wowpicker@yahoo.com
how could I open a cash drawer

Post by wowpicker@yahoo.com » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:09 pm

hi, buddy, I user epson tm-tm888 printer which has a cash drawer connected, so I need to set the printer font name to be " control" and send a letter"a" so that I could open the cash drawer, the problem is I have to use winspool.drv to send printer raw data, but I really don't know how to set the printer's device font name. and we could use C# trueType font. so what could i do? thanks

would you email me back at wowpicker@yahoo.com

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:45 pm

epson tm-tm888 printer
I assume you mean Epson TM-88 printer (please be careful entering model numbers, they're important.

CONNECT YOUR CASH DRAWER
If it is the Epson TM-88 - then you connect the cash drawer to the rear of the printer as in this picture:

SETTINGS IN DHPOS
You will then need to use the "Open Cash Drawer" feature of DHPOS (in the POSCONFG program) to set the port of your printer, and the pop open codes as given by the manufacturer of the cash drawer.

TEST THE CODES
While at the screen for entering the pop open code - you can press [F4] to test what you entered and see if the drawer pops open.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

patrick
Forum Regular

Open Cashdrawer - STAR printer.

Post by patrick » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:31 pm

Hi!

I only entered 7 as the first decimal code..

Try it.. Just a 7 and then press F4..

Maybe it works.. ? :D

/Patrick

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Printer cash drawer codes.

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:22 am

Epson manuals seem to be written in a language that seems like English but really has no basis in any known language. Anytime I want to do something with one if their printers I just have to muck around until I figure it out by accident.

Anyway, to have a TM88iii printer pop open the cash drawer you have to send this ASCII code sequence to the printer 27,112,0,25,250.

I do not know what language you are writing in but here is how I do it in QuickBASIC

RR: DATA 27,112,0,25,250
RESTORE RR:P$=""
FOR A=1 TO 6: READ B : P$=P$+CHR$(A):NEXT A

Now all I have to do to open the cash drawer is to send P$ to the printer.

LPRINT P$

And the cash drawer will open.
Dale