Not an unreasonable request.... IMHO

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

rickpos
Not an unreasonable request.... IMHO

Post by rickpos » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:25 pm

Good afternoon everyone,

Please take a moment to read this....

I came across this program about a month and a half ago, took the time to read the forums, and noticed that issues regarding major bugs in the program were corrected and had an updated version posted soon after. I also read through the myriad of requests by POS users for the addition of other features.

While I don't use this program, I have tested it out and submitted some ideas for it. Coding has been a hobby for me for quite some time, and can appreciate the amount of time it takes to tweak a program and work out the bugs that may arise. Since I also recognize that keeping such an operation going takes time and money (ie. Web and newsgroup server, ISP connection, etc.), I have sent in my donation.

IMHO, a $5 "Thank you for your hard work" donation is not an unreasonable request. In the case of POS, this holds true because the user base is mainly comprised of small retail outlets and possibly some restaurants. The trick here is to take part in a basic economic principle -- strength in numbers. The rest will take care of itself.

I want to make it clear that I was not put up to this by anyone. I've only exchanged messages with Dale and Jon (via email and chat) every now and again, so I hope they do not get upset at me for posting this topic. Although I was recently laid off, I put forth the effort to send a little something their way. I hope you will follow my lead on this.

Thank you for your time! I sincerely wish you much success in your business endeavors. I look forward to reading posts by Dale that donations started coming in because of this post.

Last, but certainly not least -- Many thanks to Dale and Jon (as well as third party app makers) for their hard work.

-Rick
8)