citizen iDP3540 pos receipt printer

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

rafi damudi
citizen iDP3540 pos receipt printer

Post by rafi damudi » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:35 am

Hi every 1
I would like 2 know the commands to initialise citizen idp3540 printer, also is it neccessory to install driver for the same,and also to show messages in Customer Display unit in pos
i need this information urgent
thanks in advance
rtafi

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Open cash drawer code

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:59 am

Rafi,

Use the "Open cash drawer" feature in the POSCONFG.EXE program. Choose LPT1: as the port and then on the next page enter only 7 as the open cash drawer code. You will not need any drivers.

All the above assumes that your printer attaches to your computer through the parallel printer port and NOT the serial port. If it does use the serial port write back.

I hope this was quick enough. :D
Dale

okiepc
Forum Regular

iDP 3540 Printer

Post by okiepc » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:41 pm

Dale, the iDP 3540 citizen printer is a serial printer, I know as I have 2 of them in use, so I know it can be done.

Off hand, I think yes, a driver had to be installed for this to work. I will do some research, its has been a long time since I initially set these up.

okiepc

Alan
POS Guru

Aha

Post by Alan » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:02 am

The iDP3540P is the parallel version - check the model number and get back to us.

Alan