Slighty off topic!

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Nathan
Slighty off topic!

Post by Nathan » Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:06 am

Finding Dales software was great it enabled us to get our registers up and running with an application that was well supported multi functioned and very reliable. We have been trading for about 4 months now and feel that our products lend themselves to E-commerce. On that note does anybody know of any shopping cart freeware? :?: Now I know that this is off topic, but anybodies help would be well appreciated, as we are keen to dip our toes into this area without breaking the bank :!:

Bobby
Forum Regular

AgoraCart

Post by Bobby » Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:40 pm

If you know how to set up a server, this is a great free shopping cart:

Agora Cart
http://www.agoracart.com/

Hope it helps,
Bobby

Nathan

E-commerce

Post by Nathan » Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:58 pm

Thanks Bobby,

I think the server idea may be a little beyond my range!! I actually looked at that page when trawling through the internet!!

What I think I need is a simple order type form that will enable people to select a product and put it in a basket and when they have finished shopping this information will create an automated E-Mail ( I can deal with secure E-mail!!) that will automatically be sent to the shopper and to my E-mail account for me to process through my merchant a/c at the shop.

I'm considering trying to create something with Excel, but Feel that this may be beyond me! Surely there must be a simple template out there.

As a new business I am trying to avoid the cost (almost US$1000)

Bobby
Forum Regular

???

Post by Bobby » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:13 pm

Hi,

That is exactly what Agora is. Using the offline payment gateway generates an email that mails to you and the cust. I am not sure what type of thing you are looking for. I know that the server thing SOUNDS scary, but if you have a web page that is being hosted by a server that can handle cgi scripts, then it is really quite simple. I am sorry that I do not know of any other solution for you.

Good luck,
Bobby

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:57 pm

• - Go to http://www.hotscripts.com
    - Click on a language your webhost will allow (e.g. PHP or ASP etc)
    - Then you will see a bunch of links - one will say "Scripts and Components" or something similar, click it
    - Click the category you want - e.g. eCommerce
    - Pages of scripts in those categories will be displayed
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

PayPal Shopping Cart

Post by ChrisKraus » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:20 pm

You Can Use the PayPal shopping cart. It allows customers to add items to your own customized shopping cart and then check out and pay via PayPal.

- Chris :D
- Chris
Christopher Kraus