PIN

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

joejett
Occasional Poster
PIN

Post by joejett » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:28 pm

Hi Everyone
I just downloaded v6.17 and plan to use it in a small, private 12 Step clubhouse. Looks like super great software :D for an unbeatable price :o , but so far am having only one problem. I can't figure out how to enter an employee PIN#. The instructions say that
PIN numbers may not be entered using the POSCONFG.EXE program.
but I can't find where it says how to enter PINs. I can't enter it using employee setup, even though the description that appears when I highlight employee setup says that I can assign PINs to employees. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx Dale! I have hopes that this will help us a great deal.

btw let me ask one more question. I saw the feature that will ask for customer name. I would like this to be on for some items (memberships) but off for concession sales. Is this possible. Actually I was planning a workaround by just having 2 instances of the POS software running, one for concessions and one for memberships and stuff. Again, all help is appreciated.

Joe Jett
Joe Jett

chasmit
Forum Regular

The PIN Number Entry Method

Post by chasmit » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:16 pm

After you turn on the employee switch
and the PIN switch and assign yourself
to a slot in the employee register
with the POS CONFIG program, go back to
the main menu and run option 9.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:12 pm

Joe,

PIN's are entered from option 9 on the main menu of POS, they can only be erased from POSCONFG. This information is in the manual REGISTER.TXT file.

Customer info is either turned on or off. The system will prompt everytime if you turn it on but it will not force you to enter the information. However if you don't and complete the sale - you cannot go back and re-assign a customer to that sale. See the "Customer Information" option in POSCONFG for more info...
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

joejett
Occasional Poster

worked

Post by joejett » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:43 am

Thanx for the help. It worked. Hoping to start implementing this weekend. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
Joe Jett