Your cash register program.

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Kelly
Your cash register program.

Post by Kelly » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:18 pm

Hi Dale: I downloaded and am using (currently playing with) your Cash Register program, and MAN oh man is it swell! Thank you so much!

I have my own [very] small business, growing and selling produce. I don't have a venue per se, I sell from my shed in my garden. I got a laptop this year for my anniversary, and keep all my records and info on that. I didn't want to spend the money on an actual cash register, nor did I have the need for an adding machine (although my customers might argue that I do have the need sometimes). I don't print out receipts, but I do try to keep track of quantities of produce picked and sold, and every day I was open this year, my [handwritten] daily count came up different than the actual cash in hand.

Enter Cash Register, almost irresistable because of the price (stingy small business owner am I). I wasn't that wild about a DOS based program, but finally decided to give it a shot.

Geez, louise, it is so great! I've been playing with it all evening, having pretend conversations and sales in my head, and it is awesome! Thank you very much for being a person who creates elaborate, helpful things and shares them for free! I truly appreciate it.

I hope that the program will suit my actual customer transactions, once I open again in the spring. I suspect it will, once I learn it better.

Again, many thanks!

-kelly

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:12 pm

Well, never under-estimate the power of DOS, after all - many Windows versions still relied/rely upon a DOS framework underneath. :idea:
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)