** BETA Testers Needed for Display Pole Feature **

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

What is your opinion on the initiative to improve display pole support in DHPOS?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:41 pm

Two thumbs up!
86%
Two thumbs down - No way!
No votes
It doesn't affect me, so I don't care which way it goes.
14%

Total votes: 7

rickpos
Forum Regular
** BETA Testers Needed for Display Pole Feature **

Post by rickpos » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:41 pm

This message is intended for those users that have display pole hardware that can be tested with code being implemented into DHPOS and POSCONFG. Simply stated, this is the initial phase and will only need the basic escape codes to clear the screen and get text placed on both lines. The average display pole usually features a 2-line LCD panel with about a 20 character max per line.

Why is it being done? Because implementing this method would allow DHPOS to work with a wide variety of display pole hardware, which is currently limited to Windows use only (via POLE.EXE) and to a handful of vendors. Those running Windows solely to run a display pole are probably jumping for joy right about now. :)

What is requested of you (aside from testing time) is to provide:

* Manufacturer name
* Amount of display lines
* Max characters per line
* Escape code sequence for simple text display for each line
* Escape code for clearing screen (if applicable)

Please be aware that this initial test is being geared to those running DHPOS under Native DOS. Work on POLE.EXE for Windows will follow as soon as possible. Once this first phase is completed and the code is stable enough for general release, there will be an opportunity to expand on the idea and work on features such as scrolling text, which is a feature users have been asking about for quite some time.

Here's an idea of what is being considered:

* A screen similar to "Open Cash Drawer" will be added to "Pole Display" in POSCONFG; In where there will be boxes to enter the display pole's escape codes for printing on line1/2, clearing screen, and whatever else would be needed for basic operation.

* Text fields for modifying "Welcome" Screen and the like will also be present. I'm sure this will make some folks out there happy.

* A Yes/No box asking the user if they will be running DHPOS under Windows. This will be important because WinNT/2k/XP sometimes have issues with DHPOS accessing the Comports directly. In the case of the answer being yes (ie. Running under Windows), DHPOS would not open the comport and simply pass the information via POLE.DAT for POLE.EXE to process.
---Side note:---- Perhaps there's a routine that would eliminate the need for the question?? Until then, it will most probably be included.

I hope this request will not fall upon deaf ears.

Thanks in advance!

rickpos
Forum Regular

Display Pole Codes Requested from all

Post by rickpos » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:21 pm

Hey folks,

Apparently, the request has fallen upon deaf ears, so I'm asking that anyone that uses (or plans to use) a display pole with DHPOS (under DOS or Windows), please reply to this message with the escape codes necessary for a simple text placement across the LCD.

Please include:

* Manufacturer / Model
* Escape code and it's function

That's all!

Thanks!

2dFx
Occasional Poster

Post by 2dFx » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:27 pm

IBM SureOne 4614 VFD Display
2X20 Characters, each character 5x7

Baud=9600
No handshaking
8 parity bits
2 stop bits

IBM defines the escape code as '1Fh' which turns all dots off, puts the cursor at the topmost left position, and sets the default character set.

Other commands:

Backspace=08h
Space=09h
Line feed=0Ah
Carriage return(returns cursor to beginning of line)=0Dh

Good luck!
Last edited by 2dFx on Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tryklief

escape codes for pole display idea fpr dos DHpos

Post by tryklief » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:46 am

hi,
i think this is a good idea, this way the user can customize his own pole display!

i use a digipos WD-202A
2X20 char
4800-38400 baud 7 or 8 bits no parity 1 or more stop bits

it can use different command sets
1 CD5220
2 UTC
3 AEDEX
4 ADM787/788
5 DSP-800
6 EPSON esc/pos

its defaulted to CD5220

here's a couple of the escape codes required for CD5220

vertical scroll ESC DC2 ---1B 12)
hori scroll ESC DC3 ---1B 13)

cursor to home position ESC [ H ---1B 5B 42 or just 0B

ESC @ ---- 1B 40 to initialize display

0C to clear the display

i have the entire command set for this display and all the other command codes mentioned above. i can email it to you. this one and the esc/pos would be the most common commands for especially the esc/pos. this is widely used in south africa

email me for the codes ( its zipped and saved as jpg's) tryklief@yahoo.co.uk

thanx
tariq

rickpos
Forum Regular

Display Pole Test Program

Post by rickpos » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:49 pm

2fdx/tryklief,

In the next week or so, I'm going to code a quick program that will test the display pole codes you posted. It will allow you to configure the comport info as well as choose which command set to use. If they work, at least at the basic level, I will talk with Dale regarding their addition to POSCONFG and DHPOS.

I'll keep you posted!

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:39 am

rickpos, I can send you the codes Logic Controls gave me for their displays as well, if you would like.

Rickpos (Not logged in)

Re: Logic Control Codes

Post by Rickpos (Not logged in) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:47 pm

Jon,

Go right ahead and email me the codes. The broader the test base, the better.

Thanks!

xcinek

Post by xcinek » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:40 pm

This is a display I have ICD-2002 and I can't get it to work.
The unit emulates ICD-2002, EPSON POS D101, Aedex, UTC/S, UTC/P, Ultimate, DSP800 and CD5220

Boud reates range from 4800-9600

These are the defoult settings
9600 bps, non-parity,
8 data bits,
1 stop bit and with
DTR/DSR control.

A Manual came with it if you need it I can e mail it and you'll see if we can get it to work.
My e mail is xcinek@yahoo.com

2dFx
Occasional Poster

Post by 2dFx » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:55 pm

Any progress on this program?

Rickpos (not logged in)

Test program available

Post by Rickpos (not logged in) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:58 pm

To all,

I apologize for the delay. The program can be downloaded at the following location:

http://keyhut.com/poletest.ex_

Of course, rename to .EXE -- It was done this way to ensure that systems wouldn't block its download.

Keep in mind this is a DOS based program and should be run in a native DOS environment. Win95/98 may allow it to work. Win2k/XP will more than likely prevent its use as it accesses the ports directly.

I will work with Jonathan to get a test version of POLE.EXE for Windows.

Let me know if it works.

-RickPOS

RickPOS (not logged in)

URL Correction!!

Post by RickPOS (not logged in) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:07 pm

Rickpos (not logged in)

Others needed to test program code

Post by Rickpos (not logged in) » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:55 pm

The DOS based program I posted was intended for the folks who posted earlier. However, if anyone out there has a display pole they would like to put to use and running the software in native DOS or Windows for that matter, please test it out and reply on this page.

Thanks!

kabayan

Post by kabayan » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:18 am

Hi this utility is working with

this model of POLE display... i've tried and tested it...

http://www.partnertechcorp.com/support- ... 7220.shtml

now what? how can i incorporate this Pole into DHPOS? coz the current one in the program wont align the display text in the screen.

regards,

Kabayan

René

cd5220

Post by René » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:04 pm

I installed all of the software and it seams to work fine except for the pole display.
I have an old cd5220
I tested it with the poletest.exe and that works fine under native DOS and from a dosbox under windows NT.
But when I use pole.exe in combination with POS.exe in a dosbox the "Welcome to" text appears on the second line on the 3rd position.
It does not matter if I use other comport settings.
Can someone help me?
In the manual tekst it says pole2.exe. is that another program?
Any idea when the DOS version of pole.exe will be there?
René

René

pole display

Post by René » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:08 pm

Following my previous message.
If I start pole.exe i see shortly on the topline a !# the message "welcome to" appears on the second line 3rd position. If I leave the pole on but stop and start the pole.exe the message the message moves 2 positions to the right every time.

René