Cash Drawer Opening (solved)

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

okiepc
Forum Regular
Cash Drawer Opening (solved)

Post by okiepc » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:23 pm

Hi all.
I don't know if this will help anyone else, but it sure solved my problem.

I have never been able to use my serial receipt printer and open my cash drawer which is fired by my printer at the same time under DH POS, its a hardware- Windows conflict thing.

So After finding the correct serial bat. file to open my drawer (thanks to a helpful person on the forum) I tried something I had thought about before. I had a nice Hot Key program on my computer so I assigned Hot Keys to the serial bat. then everytime I hit the hot keys the drawer opened. Next I went into properties/program of the serial bat. and checked close on exit.

Now I can open the drawer when ever I need with a simple hot key and still use my receipt printer in DH Pos, everything is now good. :D One last thing I must open the drawer before or after receipt is printed not during
printing.

Hope this helps someone
okiepc