Can't run pos4.28 under XP

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Bebe
Can't run pos4.28 under XP

Post by Bebe » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:03 pm

Hi,

The program stops responding when you enter the amount of opening cash. What happened?

Regards,

Bebe

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:49 pm

It is common for DOS programs to function incorrectly or not at all on ME/XP due to the fact that DOS is no longer "real" in those OS'es.

I would suggest if using this in a business situation that you don't use ME or XP, and go for something more simple such as 98/SE, 95 or even 3.1 or just plain old DOS. They will provide better stability and contain "real DOS".

On a side note - I use XP here and 4.28 works fine. I'm not sure what could be causing the trouble - some of the others may have more suggestions.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Printer problem

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:59 pm

Bebe,

The problem is that you have a printer that will not print from DOS software. This means that you have to use the APRINT program that comes with POS.

Click here for the instructions. http://keyhut.com/postip4.htm#aprint
Dale

sfrk001
Forum Regular

Post by sfrk001 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:40 pm

all my registers are running XP :) I even run it not in full screen to show off that it works in xp :)