Exporting customer sales by date

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Melvyn
Exporting customer sales by date

Post by Melvyn » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:27 am

Hi Dale,

We can access an individual customer's sales by date in POSCONFIG. Is it possible to export this into a datafile?

Thanks
Melvyn

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:08 pm

Hi Melvyn,

You can export the customer data (including total amount of sales , returns etc) into a data file, but it appears you cannot do the same with sales history.

To export customer data:

- Open POSCONFG, goto Customer Info and press [F4] to access the database

- Press [3] for Export Files.

- Select the fields to export, in the order you want to export by using the up and down arrows and the spacebar. If you make a mistake, hit [F1] to clear and start again.

- Set any other options using the keys on the left hand side of the screen, e.g. data/text, sample output etc.

- Press [F8] to begin export, select the destination from the list: Printer, Disk.

- If you select disk, type a name/select a drive and press [Enter] to start exporting.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Melvyn

Accessing the .REC database directly

Post by Melvyn » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:48 pm

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. I am actually already exporting the total sales data by customer into Excel for our VIP customer program, but really need the sales history data.

I was wondering if it would be possible to access the .REC database directly using, say, MS Access or some other database program. With the raw data, I could massage it pull out the sales history (of course, I will use a backup copy only).

Alternatively, I could write a simple parsing program to extract the same info from the journal files, but I figure this would be tedious in its current report format.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Melvyn