CREDIT / DEBIT TRANSACTIONS

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

bobcar
Occasional Poster
CREDIT / DEBIT TRANSACTIONS

Post by bobcar » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:51 am

Dale,
On the PURCHASE screen, a lot of time would be saved if the transaction TOTAL was to automaticallly appear in the 'Enter the amount being charged to CREDIT / DEBIT card' boxes, as it does for cash transactions. Card transactions are mostly for the total of the transaction, making the extra keying of the amount needless and time consuming (most of the time).
Regards
BOB

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Post by ChrisKraus » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:44 pm

This would be good for credit but not for debit because somtimes you can give cash back when doing a debit transaction.

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

xcinek

Post by xcinek » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:24 pm

im with out bobcar. I feel the same way its time cosuming typing in the charge amount since. Everytime its the same amount being charged

bdude
Forum Regular

Post by bdude » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:44 am

It would be handy if with debit it would automatically add the total of the sale and have a seperate question for cashout (cash back)

Muskrat
Forum Regular

Post by Muskrat » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:01 pm

I like the use of having to put in hot much you are charging on the credit card. I have some customers that sometimes use credit for some of the sale and pay the rest with cast..

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Post by ChrisKraus » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:50 pm

Muskrat wrote:I like the use of having to put in hot much you are charging on the credit card. I have some customers that sometimes use credit for some of the sale and pay the rest with cast..
<HR>
You could still do that, but the amount would be defaulted to the Sale Total, like Cash is currently.

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Cash back

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:26 pm

If the amount of cash back is LESS than the amount of the sale you can enter the "cash back" as a cash amount tendered and then enter the amount being charged. For example if the amount of the sale is 265.32 and cash back is 50.00 then enter 50.00 and cash tendered and then 265.32 as the credit tendered, then the change will be 50.00.

If you enter the credit tendered first you will not be able to enter a cash tendered because as soon as the amount tendered equals or exceeds the total due the sale will complete.

This also assumes that you have OKed multiple forms of payment on the same sale.
Dale