Problem with "Sales Since" in Customer Info?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Melvyn
Problem with "Sales Since" in Customer Info?

Post by Melvyn » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:51 am

Hi Dale/Andrew,

I am using the "sales since" option to pull data from customer info. Noticed that when I select "this customer", the figure is correct, but when I select "all customers", some records (particularly a section of about 20 customers), show $0 sales since.

Could this be a corruption of my customer database?

Thanks for your advice,
Melvyn

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Bug

Post by ChrisKraus » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:56 am

Well, I think its just a bug and your Customer Database is fine. But I am not sure about it, I think it might need to be looked into a little more.

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:19 pm

What date are you entering for sales since? The date you enter is the earliest date for which you want to include sales in the totals.

So when POS searches it uses the criteria: Include all sales from the date RIGHT NOW back to (the date you enter). So if you enter today's date, or a date in the future, you won't have much luck.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Melvyn

Problem with "sales since" in customer info

Post by Melvyn » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:15 am

Hi Andrew,

The date is not the problem (I entered dates in 2003 and used the same date for both options of "this customer" and "all customers"). But since the problem affects only a section of my customer info i.e. about 20 records in the middle of the database, I suspect it may be a corruption.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Melvyn