New POS version 6.31 released on 4-22-05

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Dale Harris
Forum Owner
New POS version 6.31 released on 4-22-05

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:56 pm

Mr. Brains strikes again.

Ok, I have messed up once again in version 6.30 of the POS program. The following two bugs only happen when tax is set to “INCLUDED” tax and will not happen when tax is set to “ADDED” tax. This means that if you are using the POS program in the U.S. that you will not see the two bugs and will not have to upload the new version 6.31. This is why I did not find the bugs since I am in the U.S. However if you are using the program outside of the U.S. then you will have to upload version 6.31 to fig the problems.

These bugs were supposed to have been found by my BETA testers in New Zealand and Australia but they blew it. I would dock their pay for this but since I do not pay them anything this is proving difficult to accomplish. Sometimes this “free” thing has its drawbacks.

BUG #1
If you sell multiple items that are supposed to add up to an even ???.00 it will come up a penny short. For example if you sell two of something for 7.50 each the total sale will come out to 14.99 instead of 15.00. This was caused by my deleting an (@) sign when I was working on allowing the voiding of completed return transactions.

BUG #2
If you are rounding the sale to the nearest .05 it will double the rounding amount added to the sale. For example if the sale total is 2.98 and you press the [F8] key the program will tell you that .02 has been added to the sale but actually .04 will be added making the sale total 3.02. This was caused by my combining two lines of code into one and then leaving the second line in place instead of deleting it.

Gee, you would have thought that these two things would have been easy for the BETA testers to find. Maybe I should fire them but finding new people to work for free from 12,000 miles away is really tough.

<center> http://keyhut.com/pos3.htm </center>
Dale