Old Versions

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Fri May 13, 2005 9:48 pm

Scott,

It does work - however that server is currently offline due to a firewall problem. Jon is arranging a new firewall - in the meantime, all content on the return.no-ip server is unavailable.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Tris (not logged in)

Post by Tris (not logged in) » Sat May 21, 2005 7:17 pm

It says I'm not authorized.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:19 am

We don't know when it will be up again. The server's are owned by Jon, who also kindly hosts this forum all at his own personal cost. In a nutshell his router (connects the servers to the internet) exploded/melted and he is trying to:

a) find funds to finance repairs
b) find time to perform said repairs

He's had a few personal worries and we don't see him very often these days. The forum will be notified when the other servers are back up and running, but nobody except Jon can put a date on it.

peachey13
Forum Regular

Post by peachey13 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:56 am

couldn't he get a old computer and set it up with one of those versions of linux that are ment to be a firewall.

-peachey13

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:40 am

It's not entirely as simple as that. As far as I understand, there were several systems involved in serving the oldpos archive, crnc etc... Jon has, in his limited spare time been working on consolidating all the systems together to try and keep the costs down.

Please let us all remember that DHPOS and the community services surrounding it are not run by a business, they are run by goodwill and out of the pockets of volunteers. We can't afford to jump out and buy new routers or servers etc, we make do with what we can.

I am sure Jon is doing his best to re-instate the services.

FormicaFun
Forum Regular

Post by FormicaFun » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:43 pm

You go Andrew! Tell 'em! After all it is FREE software, if you want the old files posted so badly, why not donate a new server to the cause? I'm sure Jon wouldn't argue with that.

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:00 pm

I Have a 30 gigs free of web storge if you want I could put them on my server. I could let Dale and Jon have full admin of some space. please let me know if it would be of any use.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:36 pm

Thank you Tony,

We'll see how we go. Currently all the copies are at Jon's place, we would have to re-collect all the copies to put them somewhere else, and they were obtained from several community members.

I think that would be the second time we'd have to re-collect them lol.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

About 30

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:49 pm

I have about 30 old versions
Dale