4.28 Screen saver

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

okiepc
Forum Regular
4.28 Screen saver

Post by okiepc » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:29 pm

I am just now setting up 4.28 DHPos, which I think is excellent. I have been using Dales Pos for a few years and appreciate all the effort.
I have everything set as I want with the exception of screen saver. When I type the message I want displayed and press F4 the screensaver comes on but in multiples of itself, filling the screen, it is strange. I can set the time, say to one min. and it will again come on in multiples of itself, works fine in 4.27.
Is it me or any ideas?

thanks
okiepc

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Screen saver

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:48 pm

okiepc,

That usually happens when the program is run in a Window instead of full screen. Windows has problems when a DOS program is using screen pages in a window.

The solution is to run POS full screen or to not use the POS screen saver and use the Windows one instead since it will override the POS screen saver anyway if it is on.
Dale

okiepc
Forum Regular

4.28 screensaver

Post by okiepc » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:06 pm

Thanks Dale,
I will give that a try. It is really not a problem, I just like to have everything running as should be.
Thanks for the reply and again thanks for all the hard work!!!

okiepc

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Screen Saver

Post by ChrisKraus » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:20 pm

Yes, I have come across this too.
Also, It seems that DHPOS runs extremely slow if it is not in Full-Screen mode. (I am using Windows 95)

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

okiepc
Forum Regular

Screen saver

Post by okiepc » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:56 pm

Yes, That was the problem, I switched to full screen and screen saver is correct, thanks.

Chriskraus, Chris, I have DHPos running on Windows95, 98, Me, and XP and I find Windows98 second edition seems to run this program more stable than the others, don't know why, just my opinion.

thanks
okiepc