Gavin from South Africa

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Dale Harris
Forum Owner
Gavin from South Africa

Post by Dale Harris » Wed May 18, 2005 6:43 pm

Early this morning I received a very nice email from Gavin in South Africa that unfortunately was dropped into my spam mail box. While trying to move it to my inbox I very cleverly deleted it instead. You may think that “monumentally stupid” may be a better term for what happened but at the present time I am going to stick with “clever.”

Anyway, since I no longer have his email I have no way of replying to it so I am going to post here in hopes that he may stumble upon it and get my answer.

Gavin mentioned in his email that he was stopped by a sidewalk cigarette vendor and was asked by the vendor if he could obtain the “Dale Harris POS Software” for use by the vendor. Gavin looked it up on a search engine and dropped by the site. He apparently thinks that this page http://keyhut.com/5_00.htm has some funny bits on it and he also offered to make a MS Word or .PDF file of the POS user’s guide.

My reply….

Gavin,
Thanks for the very nice email. Lately I have received several positive emails from South Africa including a new person to volunteer to be a “helper” in that country. What the heck is going on over there? While I expected the POS program to slowly spread through retailers world wide it seems to really have taken off in SA. Now even street vendors are clamoring for a copy? Way cool.

Thanks for the offer of porting the user’s guide but there is already a MS Word version of the guide that can be downloaded here http://keyhut.com/register.doc I do not offer a .PDF version because .PDF files are huge and I can only imagine what the files size of a .PDF user’s guide would be. I have a limit on storage space on my website and I believe that a .PDF user’s guide would put it over.
Dale