Try multiple EXE's

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Try multiple EXE's

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:21 am

I work with a Windows based POS system at a grocery store.. Each sections has it's own EXE file.. Customer Maintenane, Item Maintenance, etc... We also have add-on software for it which controls vendors, etc and it is a DOS based program which is also divided into EXE's for each section. Would this help for your QBASIC limitation problem? The only thing you would need to change is the security

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Multiple files

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:42 am

Actually the POS program is written in multiple files for different functions, but I do not want to split up the file that actally rings up the sale, POS.EXE. This is a single function and would add time of execution and complexity to this function if I split it up.

There is no need to be concerned. There is still room and many more features are still to be added. Just not every concievable feature.
Dale