Bundled Deals?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Joey
Bundled Deals?

Post by Joey » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:37 am

Hello,

I run a small shop and I was looking to upgrade my old manual cash register to a barcode based pc using Cash Register. I have an extra computer to I was looking at some of the links that Dale has put up for hardware bundles that will work with his excellent software.

Does anybody know of any online stores that have any good deals for PC bundles (cash drawer, printer, barcode reader, pole optional)?

Or good cheap individual items that work with Cash Register?

Thanks,
Warren Starter

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:50 am

Sometimes people list terminals running DHPOS on ebay, as long as they're selling the hardware and adding DHPOS for free, this is ok.

Also see http://keyhut.com/rprinter.htm for links to manufacturers who support DHPOS, I believe some have bundles.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Try Ebay

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:18 am

Sometimes the best deals are on EBAY!! When getting a slip printer I would reccommend a Star Sp200 or SP212.. Just make sure it is PARALLEL and NOT Serial. When selecting a cash drawer make sure it's also Parallel. To save alot of time and hassel I would go with one that will plug into the RJ11 (phone cord type) jack on the printer. A keyboard wedge CCD barcode scanner is also a good choice. As long as you get a keyboard wedge type scanner you should be golden!! As far as Pole Displays go Logic Controls are good, but I'm sorry to say they aren't supported yet by DHPOS at this time. If you can place the monitor in such a way that customers can watch as the transaction is being proccessed, there is no need for a Pole display as the Prices, Total, and change due are displayed in large size on the screen.

http://Www.Lycos.com is a good search engine to run a search on. Just type in POS Hardware Bundles and that will take you to all sorts of sites that offer Hardware for your DHPOS app!!!!!

Good luck

Northern Supply Co. Inc.

Bundle programs

Post by Northern Supply Co. Inc. » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:19 pm

Hi....Dave here....I use the DHPOS program, I also am sending you a link that I bought all my things through to complete my register system. I had a Dell computer, I bought thru this link a cash drawer, epson printer, and a hand held bar code scanner. The entire system ran me about $ 600 bucks. ANd it works very well. My inventory is up to about 1400 products with just over 50,000 pieces.

Good Luck !

http://www.posworld.com/posperipherals/ ... ndles.html