Strange callers

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Dale Harris
Forum Owner
Strange callers

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:59 pm

I have received an email from a POS user saying that he received a call from someone asking about the program. Below is part of his note.
<hr>
Hi Dale....

The person that called me was a female, they if I remember right, their greeting was this is so and so with the dale harris POS program. How do you like the program.....what version are you running....and they knew it was 4.28. Anyway I am just letting you know that someone is indeed calling about the user's imput on your program. I just pass this information along to you because you do have a great product, and it runs my entire operation.
<hr>
Please note that I do not contact users of my POS program except as a reply to their email to me. When I do contact them it is only by email with the return address of DALEHARRIS@PRODIGY.NET No one else is authorized to act for me, this is a one man operation, I have no staff.

I do not give out user information so the only way for anyone to find you is if you post your name, address, phone, or even just your company name on this forum. There are several reverse phone directories on the internet where someone can find you just from your company name. Do not post your last name on the forum.

Just remember that everything I do with this program is free so I will never ask you for any payment, license fee, royalty, or anything else.

It is also very possible that the caller above just wanted to know if the user liked the program. If someone asks if you like the program it is up to you if you want to answer and I am fine with any answer you may want to give even if you do not like the program.

I would also like to know if anyone else has been contacted. If you have please reply to this note.
Last edited by Dale Harris on Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dale

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Second notice

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:06 am

A second person has been contacted and asked for money to keep using POS. We think that this person is getting user's phone numbers either from links on my site to the user's site and the user's site has the phone number posted, or that the user has posted a personal last name or company name on my website or this forum and the caller is using a reverse phone directory to find their phone number.

Remember that this program is free and that anyone contacting you to try to obtain money to continue to use this program is committing fraud. Hang up on them. It is up to you if you wish to contact your local police.

BTW, the caller so far as asked for a payment of $500.00 and $999.00 which actually is kind of flattering in that she thinks that anyone would pay that much for the program.
Dale

Payment

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:03 pm

If this person calls any of you. Peharps you can act pure dumb and go along with what ever this person is saying. Agree to pay what ever silly amount she requests and then ask for an address where she wants payment sent and who she wants payment made out to!!!!
The check's in the MAIL type of thing...
Let's see if she is stupid enough to give out her address!!