Problem with Symbol LS9100. Pls Help!

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Posfanatics
Problem with Symbol LS9100. Pls Help!

Post by Posfanatics » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:22 pm

Hi All,

I have been using the LS9100 (connected via a P/S2) for past 9 years and recently, one of my staff found the old user manual and accidently scanned something (i don't know what and he wasn't sure either :evil: ) which resulting in the scanner not able to decode (he probably jumble up all the pre-configuration :( ).

Tried to configure it myself but just don't know where to start and what to do as it does not utilises a software. Tried to contact the salesperson but to my dismay the shop had closed a couple of years back :roll: .

Hence, here i am seeking help from all the gurus out there who have experience with the said barcode scanner. Would greatly appreciate if you guys can help to revive it. Many thanks in advance.

Joe

Dan

Post by Dan » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:49 pm

If your user manual is anything like mine, the default options should be underlined. Just scan all the default options (you prob have to scan "configure" first and "exit" afterwards. There may even be a single barcode to scan that says "reset all defaults".

Hope this helps.

Dan

Dan

Post by Dan » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:50 pm

Sorry... should just add that my scanner is not the same as yours, its a Zebex. However, it uses PS2 port (keyboard wedge) so should work in much the same way.

Posfanatics

Post by Posfanatics » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:30 pm

Thanks for ur kind advise.

Tried ur method, but it's still not working. Just a question, do i have to scan the barcode in sequence? If so what should the sequence be? I dun know which is which? Should i be scanning RS 232 or IBM46xx? There are too many options and i am confused by it.:?: :?

Btw, it doesn't begin with a "config" thingy and the manual is not written in layman's term.:cry:

Tks again.

Joe

Posfanatics

Post by Posfanatics » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:47 am

Hi all,

Managed to find the "set all default", but still don't get anything after i scan it. Ahahahahahaha.........stupid scanner.

Alan
POS Guru

Hmm

Post by Alan » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:07 pm

Urm i'll have a wee look in my barcode scanner setup guides and I'll get back to you!

I've got setup guides for most scanners.

Alan

Posfanatics

Re: Hmm

Post by Posfanatics » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:45 am

Alan wrote:Urm i'll have a wee look in my barcode scanner setup guides and I'll get back to you!

I've got setup guides for most scanners.

Alan
Thanks Alan. I have recently contacted Symbol and they are really awesome. .... they sent me a copy of the keyboard wedge type and even gave me specific instructions on what to do, but I just do not have time to try it out myself. Been real busy..... managing my other businesses. But thanks anyway.

Posfanatics

Post by Posfanatics » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:07 pm

Problem finally solved! Horray!

peachey13
Forum Regular

Post by peachey13 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:31 am