2 employees can be log in at once (to Dale)

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Jake
2 employees can be log in at once (to Dale)

Post by Jake » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:20 am

Hi
When i i open today and the first day i used posnet i found a bug.
And let me tell you how i found it .
I have 3 Teens working for me and when we close tonight some money was missing about (20.00) No biggy but the employees and a manager count the money and put it in a money counter we mach what it says on the regster chick. And you cant do no sale with out a password so i looked at the register jurnal a employee was loght in at the same time at 2 diffrent registers thanks god i have sercuity camras and then i know who did it. But Dale This could be a Verry bad sercuity issue Can you pleae Help me To sove this issure

Thanks
Jake Thomas
Jake's pets

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:15 am

You will find that your topic is being discussed in the POSnet - the concept topic.

It is not a bug, POS just has no way of checking who is signed on which till at the moment, as that information is stored locally.

Dale mentioned in his reply to Barry in the aforementioned topic that he may implement this as a feature, and requested feedback.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Multiple Logins

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:36 am

This is a tough issue when you think about it!! For the time being I would make sure that you tell your employees not to ring on each other's registers & reassign new pin numbers's to them and tell them to keep their numbers to themselves. I would also make sure that you use the GO TO MAIN MENU option in Posconfig. Good thing you have camera's because an employee could actually steal $ out of their own drawer and try to make it look like a differant employee logged onto it. Now who do you point the finger at? Hard to tell!! This is going to be a hard one to fix I would imagine!!

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Serious!!!

Post by ChrisKraus » Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:23 pm

This Could Be Serious. I think this needs to be fixed.
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Guess

Post by Guess » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:25 pm

Ehhh..... Hi just curious :roll: I thought the POSnet is still on Beta version, wondering why you guys are already implementing it in your stores, as always, there are bond to have bugs here and there, don't you think it is a bit too early to do so.
As Dale mentioned :
BETA TESTERS WANTED!

If you have read the note above and are still stupid enough to want to beta test this thing, the link is below.
Aren't you "hitting your toes with a hammer instead of the nails" by doing so. :lol: No wonder the employees are taking advantage of it. ;) :| :? 8)

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Beta Usage

Post by ChrisKraus » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:12 pm

Well, I guess you have a point there. :)

Guess wrote:Ehhh..... Hi just curious :roll: I thought the POSnet is still on Beta version, wondering why you guys are already implementing it in your stores, as always, there are bond to have bugs here and there, don't you think it is a bit too early to do so.
As Dale mentioned :
BETA TESTERS WANTED!

If you have read the note above and are still stupid enough to want to beta test this thing, the link is below.
Aren't you "hitting your toes with a hammer instead of the nails" by doing so. :lol: No wonder the employees are taking advantage of it. ;) :| :? 8)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:54 pm

Yes,

This is a BETA version, also the ability to have more than one employee logged on at once is not a bug, POSnet, just hasn't got the ability to restrict this from happening...yet.

Remember...BETAs are installed at your own risk, and on a side note - Dale was ahead of schedule with the release. :D
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Jake

Post by Jake » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:08 am

HI
What we did we have 2 registers for each lane that is how we are testing the netpos we just reg up small items.

Thanks
P.s i think posnet is a kepper

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Dual logons

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:11 am

Consider me stupid. From several posts around here it has been brought to my attention that having one person log on to two registers at the same time is somehow a bad thing. I have no idea why that would be a bad thing or why anyone would want to do this, could you enlighten me? On chat someone mentioned that a person on one register could log on to another register, open the cash drawer to remove money and then log off.

Seems to me that they could also do that before they started their shift or after they ended their shift, or even during their shift they could log off their register, and then even if the POS would not allow dual logons, since they would not then be logged on to any register, they could then logon to a register they are not supposed to be on. So in this case how would preventing dual logons help?

The other problem is that since the POS program does not really let you log on, it just remembers who entered their employee or PIN number last, there is no way to log off.

So please explain the problem in terms so simple that even I could understand. :)
Dale