Tax Reduction/ Printing issues

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

anwoke
Tax Reduction/ Printing issues

Post by anwoke » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:29 pm

Hi, I can't seem to get the tax reduction function to work so I can do tax free orders. I am running dhpos V6.36
I also when I print reciepts the coloums arent lineing up. I use Aprint due to my printer being on a network through built in jet direct card. I use the Brother MFC 420CN for my printer and fax, so I can select pc fax from aprint and fax the reciept if the customer is out of state. We are a company that is just starting up. any help on either of these issues would be helpfull
many thanks,
Andrew Stevens

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Tax exempt

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:43 pm

anwoke,

At the end of the sale, when you are being asked for the payment method, you can press [F7] and it will ask you for a tax exempt ID. Type in anything and the tax will go away.

Jon will have to answer about APRINT. It is his program.
Dale

anwoke

Post by anwoke » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:41 pm

Dale,
I can't get the tax function to work at all.
any ideas as to why?
Thanks,
Andrew Stevens

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Taxes

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:35 pm

anwoke,

You cannot get the program to add tax to a sale? Did you read this? http://keyhut.com/postip6a.htm#tax

If you are using a stock table, after you set up your tax rates in the tax rate chart did you assign a tax rate from the chart to each item?

For example. If the first rate in the tax chart is 5.25% and you want to assign that rate to the first item in the stock table, then in the "TAX" column for that item in the stock table you must enter "1"
Dale

anwoke

Post by anwoke » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:06 am

Dale, I can get the tax function to work, it is when I am ringing up a sale and go to push F7 to get in to the tax menu nothing happens. I Think I have it set up right in pos config and everythng to do it, but I am not sure. any help would be great.
Thanks,
Andrew Stevens

anwoke

Printer Problems

Post by anwoke » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:26 am

Here is a copy of a invoice, any ideas as to how to fix this would be great

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\anwoke\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\invoice[img][/img]

anwoke

Post by anwoke » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:27 am

can only scan reciept in to a image like a jpg or bmp, so let me try inserting it again[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\anwoke\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\invoice[/img]

anwoke

Sorry that didn't work either so let me try this

Post by anwoke » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:31 am

this should take you to the image.
http://71.37.70.212:80/invoice001.jpg

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Tax exempt

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:08 am

anwoke,

What version of the program do you have?

OK, you are finishing up a sale and have pressed [+]. At the bottom of the screen it says...

Pay by...

1. Cash
2. Check
3. Credit

(or whatever payment methods you have allowed)

Now you press [F7]

What happens?

Does the screen now display a box that says...

"NON-TAXABLE or TAX EXEMPT"
"Enter no-tax ID number below"
"[________________________]
" Press [ESC] to clear."
"If left blank sale will be taxed"

Do you enter something into this form and then press [ENTER] ?

Then what happens?
Last edited by Dale Harris on Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale

Jonathan Simpson
Site Administrator

Post by Jonathan Simpson » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:50 am

Seems your printer (or the PC fax driver) doesn't have the font aprint looks for. I'll see what I can come up with for you, in the past this as meant sending out a custom mini-aprint program, it's not too hard to do but we'll need to get in contact on it. If you register on the forum, I can PM you back and give you some more instructions. Thanks :)
Jonathan Simpson
Check out the Dale Harris chat room @ http://www.home-nets.biz/chat

anwoke8204
Forum Regular

Fourm username, Font help

Post by anwoke8204 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:33 pm

Hi Jonathan Simpson,
My username is anwoke8204 for the fourm. any help you can give me on this would be great. I got the tax reduction to work I was trying to do it from the sales screen/ reining up screen and not when you input the method pf payment, thanks Dale for clearing this up for me.