Item Notes

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Tina
Item Notes

Post by Tina » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:01 am

Suggestion: Say you have product 1234 in your inventory with a description of lets say IBM LAPTOP. Or say you sell a PLANT item # 12345.

The slip is printed out & after it it printed, a list of spects could be printed out containing anything you typed into a field note in the inventory linked to 1234 for the customer to see. Or for the plant, it prints out directions on how to care for it.

Hope this makes sense. I think any kind of shop could benifet from this.

Cheers,
Tina

anwoke8204
Forum Regular

item notes a really good Idea

Post by anwoke8204 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:06 am

I t hink this would be a good Idea, I run a computer shop and on most items have to abrevieate(spelling) in the discription field, though I can understand the abbreaviation, some customers may not and ask what a item they see on the reciept is as they don't reconize it.
Andrew Stevens
Rooksystems/Clearwater Inc.

Jonathan Simpson
Site Administrator

Post by Jonathan Simpson » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:48 am

Could take alot of space... but maybe not? (For Dale: if you have any space left in the stock table, perhaps enough for an integer... you could just have a value that is a reference number to an outside table so this deal can be done without a real big overhead. Wouldn't be too slow, either, as you look up the stock number, look on the stock line to find the index to the other file, then go hunting there.)
Jonathan Simpson
Check out the Dale Harris chat room @ http://www.home-nets.biz/chat

Dan

Post by Dan » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:18 am

I imagine that this would involve editing the stock table which, as Dale has said before, would then mean major alterations to other parts of the programme.

A simpler way to do it would be to have the receipt function search a separate table in which just the item stocknumber and the "information" would be stored. The function could then be turned on and off as required.

This is similar to Jon's idea, but theres no point having a separate index number when you could use the stock number is there???